P800 Tax Calculation

GW80

I have just received my P800 tax form in the post today and am not sure what it means. I have received 4 forms dating back to 2006/2007 tax year. All of them show that i have overpaid tax for each year. Now there is no total amount due on any of the forms just an amount for each year. My question is am i due the total of the 4 forms added together or are they calculated into the amount shown as overpaid for year 2009/2010. I'm not too well up on these matters as i had always been PAYE til this year. Your help would be most welcome.

I have just received my P800 tax form in the post today and am not sure what it means. I have received 4 forms dating back to 2006/2007 tax year. All of them show that i have overpaid tax for each year. Now there is no total amount due on any of the forms just an amount for each year. My question is am i due the total of the 4 forms added together or are they calculated into the amount shown as overpaid for year 2009/2010. I'm not too well up on these matters as i had always been PAYE til this year. Your help would be most welcome.

i am a revenue officer and the p800 will be carrying any o/payment or u/payment forward into the next yr to calculate & so on, the last yr calculated will show the computation total for all yrs either due to you(overpayment) or in the worst case senario an u/payment the tollerance for HMRC not to collect an underpayment is 50.00(UNLESS YOU ASK FOR A P800 FOR THAT YR WHERE ONCE THEY ISSUE A P800 THEY HAVE TO COLLECT AN UNDERPAYMENT EVEN IF IT IS UNDER TOLLERANCE & THE SYSTEM STARTS RECOVERY PROCESS AUTOMATICALLY)) A payable order(IN THE CASE OF AN OVERPAYMENT) is then sent about 1 to 3 days after the p800 was issued.You need to allow 14 working days to receive the p/order from date of issue.We do not treat it as missing unless not recieved after the 14th working day

Edited by Davyo