20b or .410 o/u £400-£700max

bicykillgaz

hi,

i'm putting in a load of overtime between christmas and newyear and decided i'm gonna treat my self to a new toy in january when i get paid.

i want something nice and light as its gonna be my mooching gun and only going be used for squirrels and the odd rabbit or roosting pigeon not decoying so i'm leaning more towards the .410, i'd prefere brand new as i want a 'keeper' and i usually buy second hand so i'm gonna treat my self as i think i really deserve :lol:

i'm wondering what my options are really as the only o/u .410 that spring to mind which i like the look of are either the webley & scott or the yildiz o/u, i'd prefere multichoke, single trigger too.

can anyone suggest any within my price range £700 really is the absolute max, pictures would be nice too if you've got any.

thanks in advance

atb gary

If you are looking 20 - 410 try a 28 a true reverlation to me love it. More practical that a 410 with more choice of loads much lighter and faster than the 20 bore.

i'd thought about that but aren't the cartridge stupidly dear? what sort of prices are they for 25 shells? cheers for the reply :good:

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/GunsForSale/110203155050000

Looks good for budget although secondhand

cheers for that mate, bit of food for thought, i've just been on the nickerson site and you can get a new 20g for the price of a secondhand 28g so i think i'll stick to either a .410 or 20g purely for value for money.

what are the webley & scott o/u .410's like quality wise? i've never handled one but they look ok at a quick glance does anyone own one? what sort of price do the yildiz retail at?

atb gary

cheers for that mate, bit of food for thought, i've just been on the nickerson site and you can get a new 20g for the price of a secondhand 28g

I would say that the 28 is better value that actual gun isn't necassarily the one to buy, as your not buying till jan there are plenty that may crop up after Xmas at better prices remember 20% of the price goes to the vat man....... And there are cheaper options if I had the money and the need I would probably buy a miroku 28 cart prices on the 28 aren't any worse than decent .410 loads.

Part of the reason they are so expensive is very few people sell them! Tells you something!

Edited by HDAV

Part of the reason they are so expensive is very few people sell them! Tells you something!

tell's me i'd probably get my pants pulled down on cartridge prices unless i buy bulk! at least 20b and .410 are more readily availible (off the shelf), i might make it my mission to try a 28g before jan and see what i make of it before comitting my self one way or another.

I have done the 28 bore thing and loved it, but it has a few downsides.

A true lightweight 28 is not made these days, the Beretta, Browning, Miroku is a nice gun, but heavy for a 28.

This is mainly because they are all made on a 20 bore action, if I did it again I would be looking for a proper 28 which would mean

a SxS and probably an AYA No2 so not cheap either.

Best bang for the £ is a 20 bore both for cost of gun and shells, and it won't lack in performance either.

Neil. :)