what gun?

andy74

Hi,

Can anybody tell me personal recomendations as to what shotgun to upgrade to, i have at the moment a nice baikal 12g o/u double trigger non eject, which i didnt pay a lot for, but want to upgrade to something maybe a bit better?.

I have only just got into shotgun shooting, and must say im quite addicted to it after a good days decoy shooting on saturday with a friend.

My only problem is not a very big budget :oops: , hence i will sell the baikal to give me a bit more funds.

Any advice would be great, as it seems a great website for help and advice, and people seem to know what they are talking about.

Hi,

Can anybody tell me personal recomendations as to what shotgun to upgrade to, i have at the moment a nice baikal 12g o/u double trigger non eject, which i didnt pay a lot for, but want to upgrade to something maybe a bit better?.

I have only just got into shotgun shooting, and must say im quite addicted to it after a good days decoy shooting on saturday with a friend.

My only problem is not a very big budget :oops: , hence i will sell the baikal to give me a bit more funds.

Any advice would be great, as it seems a great website for help and advice, and people seem to know what they are talking about.

At this point mate about £250-300, had to spend a fortune on the house to keep the missus happy, so i can go out and spend more on guns.

Hi,

At this point mate about £250-300, had to spend a fortune on the house to keep the missus happy, so i can go out and spend more on guns.

cheers guys, only problem is i forgot to mention, im a left hander which doesnt help with with prices.

I got my first o/u earlier this year its a RIZZINI E sideplate with gamescene on sides, also its multi choke. cost £275 its emaculete and shoots like a dream, i just keep shooting better everytime i pick it up, bit heavy but cant fault gun its first choice out of cabinet most times to my beretta AL391. Would reccomend to anyone. Also always a few on guntrader!

:oops::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Also my mate is left hander and shoots as well as me with it. Last two times i shot clays got over 90% with it!

If you are hitting stuff with the Baikal, Stick with it mate,

Don't rush to change the formula.

Save up buy something you realy want and keep the baikal for ****ty days,shooting walked up bunnies or similar,a second hand Baika will fetch penny's

Reefman

I agree with reefman!

if you are doing ok with the Baikal,stick with it a bit longer and save up a bit more money,

use the time to find out for yourself what gun you realy want,then go buy it and stick with it.

for the sort of money you have to spend at the moment ,you wont realy get a gun that is much better than your Baikal(Not that there is any thing wrong with a Baikal)

and I bet if you buy a gun now ,within a year you will be wanting a better one,and you will loose money.

Take your time ,get down the clay ground ,and talk to people ,most people will be happy to talk about there own gun, and others they have had,and most will be happy for you to have a go with it if you ask ,

its ok asking people on here what type of gun to get,the trouble is you will get loads of different answers,they will all be well meaning,but it wont realy help you mate.

its only by trying different guns that you will learn what type suiets you,Baikals tend to shoot very flat,

so if you like this type of gun ,you may find for example that a Berreta dosnt work for you,but a Browning does, then again you may find you like a gun that shoots higher better,

who knows ?there is 'nt realy a answer on the net,you realy need to get out and find out for yourself what make of gun you like and suiets your style .

this is the best bit of advice i can give you ,its an old saying ,and one i've been guilty of myself on more than one occasion

BUY CHEAP, BUY TWICE.

All the best Mick.