semiauto cartridge catcher

sarol

Various methods.

This one will catch two shells (not the third) http://multicatch.com/

Or this one is much cheaper but only catches the one spent shell http://www.tandsshellcatcher.com or http://sport.birchwoodcasey.com/Accessories/AccessoryDetails.aspx?ProductID=a3b6fd91-0120-4bd7-a9de-b36c862f54b8

You can also get 'deflectors' that stop it falling so far away (probably easily made with some heat/line bent acrylic) or some people have used a type of net (along the lines of a fruit net or the type you put washing tablets in)

There is also the real ugly version http://ukgunworks.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=shellcatcher and I've also seen a slightly nicer version in a Velcro bag

Edited by huffhuff

I've made one, and it works. It may not look the mutts nutts, but it cost me nothing.

Would you share how you made it and perhaps some pics.

Im sick of spending time searching in the grass for spent cases, I have purchased cases in white, red, clear, green, black, burgundy you name it ive bought it, to date burgundy seems best for me.

Cheers Schmoo.

Would you share how you made it and perhaps some pics.

Im sick of spending time searching in the grass for spent cases, I have purchased cases in white, red, clear, green, black, burgundy you name it ive bought it, to date burgundy seems best for me.

Cheers Schmoo.

If, while on 'Guns and Equipment' you go, to the top right of the page, and where you see 'search' just type in 'Cartridge Deflector' and then click on the magnifying glass, you will see what I've made. You will have to scroll through the posts though, I think mine is towards the end. Let me know if you have any problems.

Steve.

If, while on 'Guns and Equipment' you go, to the top right of the page, and where you see 'search' just type in 'Cartidge Deflector' and then click on the magnifying glass, you will see what I've made. you will have to scroll through the posts though, I think mine is towards the end. Let me know if you have any problems.

Steve.

I saw it steve, it had a brass door catch to attach it to the receiver, good idea and glad it works, I might give it a go but add a net at the bottom, I have manually ejected shell before now to climb fences and managed to lose them ! Think I need my eyes testing, while im at it.

Schmoo.

I saw it steve, it had a brass door catch to attach it to the receiver, good idea and glad it works, I might give it a go but add a net at the bottom, I have manually ejected shell before now to climb fences and managed to lose them ! Think I need my eyes testing, while im at it.

Schmoo.

Yes. basic, but it works. I may glue the catch to the receiver. I'm not bothered about the shells going onto the floor, as at least they will be inside my hide. I've found now, that I can leave the catch on the receiver, and clip/unclip the bar.

The thing that matters is this one really works, and works well! I've had one for months and never had a single complaint

from the landowner or the pigeons about it's looks.......

I wasn't suggesting it doesn't work. I just find it ugly, which I think is a fair comment compared to the alternatives.

I've not shot with one of these specifically, but have replicated it to a degree. I wouldn't get on with it, mainly due to it distracting me. Not sure how heavy it is either, but it could add some offside weight? Plus how good is it when it comes to speed loading?

I am looking to resolve the same issues as others are clearly having, but personally, the box is not for me even though I'm sure it does exactly what it says on the tin.

I think I'm going to go down the deflector route instead

• 3 weeks later...

Two U shape steel strips on pivots, top and bottom of ejection ports. Open at the front end to slide shells off, rails are 4 inchs longer than the ejection ports and there is a rubber bung on the charging handle. ejected shells hit the rail and are then knocked forward along to the spare section of the rail to be temporarily stored. Will hold three empty shells. :good: I have some sketchy drawings somewhere that make partial sense to me :lol: