Zero problem on a Savage 93 HMR

Salop Matt

Guys a mate of mine bought one of these at the MGF this year and with a house move he`s only just had chance to try and zero it !

Anyway he got out to zero it with Nikko mounts and his Edgar Brothers scope only to find it was shooting way low and way to the left ! He has adjusted the scope to maximum up and maximum right but its still shooting at 50yards 2" to the left and 4" to low ! He has swapped mounts round etc but no change !

What is the next step he can take to get this beauty shooting straight ?

:hmm:

post-10807-0-19746500-1323881059.png

My father once had problem with a ruger 77/22 which we couldn't get zeroed with genuine ruger mounts and a schmidt and bender scope. It was shooting a couple of inches low at 100yds. The gundealer that supplied the whole outfit got us shims to rise the front mount which only fractions of a millimeter thick but were more than enough to correct the issue. Not sure how you would correct the windage though. I have heard of scope rings with a grub screw to mover them left/right. They sound a little suspect to me as I feel they could move.

Just found some, not sure how to add a link but google Millet Angle Lock Windage Adjustable

Edited by woodcock1

Centralise the reticle. Count the number of clicks from full left to full right and from full down to full up and dial each turret to exactly half way. Then put on a collimator. If the reticle is miles away you've got an alignment problem either with the mounts or the drillings on the receiver.

If the rings are double sided like Millets they need to be colllimated with the reticle centralised before zeroing.

Gimlet has sound advice.

Some long 1" tube or bar can show up mount alighnment problems too when placed in the rings.

May be tricky with a 17 but bore sight it on a distant object and then look through the centralised scope, adjust the rings/bases to bring the scope where the bore is pointing.

If you can not adjust the rings/bases then you have to consider another mounting system!

Good luck.

U.