smoking barrels and the mallard mangler down on the wash

washwildfowler

after speaking to smoking barrels for a few months on the phone and becoming good friends , we finally got to meet each other this past weekend what turned out to be a great weekends sport , mike got to shoot his first wigeon on the wash , also lee shooting a nice brace of mallard ...

i wanted them to have a good weekend, so i took them roost shooting on Saturday afternoon in one of my woods which was fast and furious for them with a nice bag off 35 woodies with both of them shooting some cracking birds , then Saturday night i took them out lamping foxes with mike shooting his first ever fox with a cracking head shot at 70 yards , then out Sunday morning for another flight on the wash with a great fight watching plenty of pinks flighting but none close enough for a shot but the mallard mangler shooting a nice right and left at mallard which he was over the moon with ...

i have to say we had some great banter and some great sport , also i have to say mike is a cracking lad who i now class as a very good friend, also lets not forget lee A.K.A THE MALLARD MANGLER also a great lad ....

i would also like to thank Alan , Andy , Derek for helping out and making both mike's and lee's a great weekend ...

i did get a good few photo's so i hope i don't bore you all

frampton0142.jpg

frampton0032.jpg

frampton129.jpg

frampton016.jpg

frampton021.jpg

frampton028.jpg

frampton026.jpg

frampton0302.jpg

frampton032.jpg

Edited by washwildfowler

id like to say a big thanks to dewayne and the fen tigers allen ,andy and derek for making our weekend great !! we had some great sport and a good crack made to feel very welcome !!! im out scouting to night for the return visit for the boys now hopefully get under the pinks !!!! and i think they will be quite surprised at our marshes as there surrounded by hills and fells in the estaury see you soon guys for party time lol

id like to say a big thanks to dewayne and the fen tigers allen ,andy and derek for making our weekend great !! we had some great sport and a good crack made to feel very welcome !!! im out scouting to night for the return visit for the boys now hopefully get under the pinks !!!! and i think they will be quite surprised at our marshes as there surrounded by hills and fells in the estaury see you soon guys for party time lol

your welcome any time mike just pick up the phone , but please remember NO more ginger cake :sick: lol ..... also i still say the best looking lad is behind the camera taking all the photo's of you and the lads posing .. :D

Come on then WW which marsh did you take them on?

ps loads of pinks going over your house yesterday just after 09.00

pps check your tide 2012 tables as some of the pages were missing out of one of my copies.

Regards

Hcc

hi harry that's the mans marsh lol .... it took us 3/4 of a hour to get there and we struggled for cover with the tide pushing as soon as we set up .. it was hard work ..

i have checked my book and it's ok ... thnks for the heads up tho :good:

hi harry that's the mans marsh lol .... it took us 3/4 of a hour to get there and we struggled for cover with the tide pushing as soon as we set up .. it was hard work ..

i have checked my book and it's ok ... thnks for the heads up tho :good:

I dont know which marsh it was but it looks from the photos like a bowling green :lol::lol: it could be good for me if its an old mans marsh :lol: