contour HD cam

JDFrain

just wondering if anyone is using the contour camera set up and any opinions, seen footage on youtube and looks very good

JDF

A guy called Nick has just purchased one and will be uploading some footage soon. His channel can be found at http://www.youtube.com/user/TweedsandPheasants.

Ive heard good thingds about the cameras !

hi mate iam using a drift 1080p full hd sports camera small and light and you can mount it on any gun ive had it on my shotgun its got a velcro strap that goes under the rib on your gun or its got a head mount if you want to wear it on your head or if you want to put it on a airgun or on rimmy's theres a mount for them to i use it on my .17hmr and .22's without any probs and its fine in cold weather as well it does'nt just lose all its power because its cold like some do... they vary in price from about £90 to £300 depending on what model you want and what you want to spend but they all do the job well have a look on the bay there on there or have a look on youtube at videos thats been made with them or you can have a look back a few pages on the sporting videos on here ive got a video pigeon shooting with mine it was recorded in 720p hd not the full 1080p hd and the pictures spot on :)

I have heard pretty good reviews about them. I s'pose their closest competitor would be the gopro hd, I plumped for this as it is very simple and tough ( I use mine for MX ). However I think that the contour has slightly better colour rendering. There are plenty of vids on youtube comparing and contrasting the two cameras.

This was filmed entirely with the gopro and edited with sony vegas studio platinum 11

Just to show what they are capable of, there are more on the go pro youtube page

Edited by Highlandladdie

Took my GoPro out today to let you see. Very short clip and havent done any real editing on it so its pretty much raw. See what you think :good:

If you don't mind me asking, what video editing equipment do you use? I tried using windows movie maker for my gopro but the seem to only work on WMV files,(and my video is down as an mp4 or something so im struggeling to alter it). ???

cheers for the video,

came across a good site that sells pretty much everything you need.

www.dogcamsport.co.uk

the bullet cam they sell seems good value for money only 720p but video quality still looks very good

JDF

They are a good company to deal with. Sent me my camera very quikly!

PS I think there is a video of Kristoffer Clausen on youtube shooting pigeons with a contour camera? It's worth a look. I think the gopro is slightly better though.

ATB :good:

If you don't mind me asking, what video editing equipment do you use? I tried using windows movie maker for my gopro but the seem to only work on WMV files,(and my video is down as an mp4 or something so im struggeling to alter it). ???

This was edited with Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11. If you have a Windows 7 PC or an up to date Mac I think you can edit these files (perhaps you may need a codec, available online?), but if like me you have a PC of a slightly older vintage ( mine's XP ) it was easier just to get the editing software. I think it was about £60??

Or contact GoPro support. I've spoken to them a number of times via email and always get a speedy reply :good: