223 loads

hi does anyone out there have good powder load for 223 55grn blitzking , tryed varget cant seem to get a decent group with various loads ,using a 1 in 12 twist remmy

vargets pretty good in a 223 have you tried adjusting the seating depth ??

hers a ,link that may give you some ideas but if you dont play bwith the seating depth to find the sweet spot you could spend a lot of money and time changing powders

http://www.reloadersnest.com/query_bw.asp?CaliberID=18&BulletWeight=55

it also may not be the powder it could be the bullet,I reload a 223 for someone and found Vit 135 and 52gr Berger shoots for fun

Edited by Ackley

Plenty of people like Varget for 223, but I never found it very good at the lighter end of 223 bullet range. I would be looking at Benchmark or maybe H322 or H335 if you want to use Hodgdon.

I've always found Vihtavuori powders work well for me, and would be trying N130, N133 or N135. I use N133 for 50gr Vmax, but N135 is probably slightly better for 55gr bullets.

In the 15 years I have reloaded for .223 I have never found a better powder than winchester 748.

But remember you need to use a magnum primer with this powder. I find 25.4 grains a good load but my rifle has a worn throat and I need to load longer than normal which is only about 6 tho off the lands. I am not advising you use this load without developing it in your :good: :good: rifle

Deershooter