600 nitro express handgun?

Deako

Seen that vid before. I would say it's a .454 Casull or another heavy calibre handgun round, possibly the .500 S&W or a .50 AE?

A .600NE would seriously damage every joint in your arm/shoulder if you tried a handgun loaded in that calibre, even if you overcame the engineering aspects of getting a 3"+ cartridge case into a handgun action . In a 17lb double rifle the recoil from a 600 is enough to really shake you.

has any1 seen that video of that arab guy shooting that really powerful rifle and knocking him over

pity he didnt knock over the whole race of arabs

Thats not very nice John. Some of the arab women are sorts. Can we not just save them? :good::):lol: :( :)

• 1 month later...

That was a bizzare video...

What would anyone need a gun like that for?

As for recoil, I once hired a reproduction post American Civil War trapdoor Springfield chambered for the .45/70 cartridge. It was a very lightweight carbine, maybe about six pounds. First I used a few black powder reloads that were nice and light, about 50 gains of ffg b powder, and then I bought a box of 25 .45/70 nitro factory loads..... What HORRIBLE experience with such a lightweight rifle. I fired six and had a headache for two days. It was like getting punched in the face. I gave free shots to other people and none would fire mor than two or three, even the headbangers.

Reminds me of the first time I shot a .357 Magnum in Florida... Standing next to it when someone shot was like being slapped in the face, but it was a baby to shoot.

Didn't Webley used to make a .455 revolver for naval issue during the inter-war period?