.22 Hornet v .22 K Hornet

JDsniper

Hi can any one give me the diifference between the above two and the pros and cons.

Also if it says .22 Hornet on your ticket can you have either

Cheers

Jay

I looked into this when I got my CZ Hornet and it seems to me that there is only a slight increase in the amount of powder you can get in the cartridge (see pic) and so didnt seem worth the effort of forming my own brass etc.

Plus if you pack the case with as much powder as you can you get higher pressures and velocity but then also maybe extra wear on the gun. And if you run out of ammo you cant pop to your local RFD to pick up some rounds.

Just my thoughts.

I have a CZ527 which is great and I load my own.

Jon

post-22971-0-48820900-1326810379.png

You can use both. Just put the standard round in, pull the trigger and you get a round down the range (usually accurate enough for everything but the longest of ranges) and a fire formed case ejected from the chamber.

As for what there is to be gained, well since Lil-Gun was developed the KH offers less than it once did. I'm not sure it's worth it but at the same time if a gun is already chambered for it then what do you have to lose? I shouldn't think there will be much added wear on the gun - it's still a Hornet after all so not a high power for calibre round. :good:

Yep, just shoot standard shells and you got your reloading brass, you did say you would be reloading did you!???

If your not wanting to reload, no point having a KH.

The KH looks capable of squeezing a couple hundred more fps for a tad more fuel.

I would get one in a snip.

I also believe it to be kinder on brass with the straighter sides.

U.