223 or 22-250?

adam f

It has got nowt to do with going out every day,unless you have access to thousands and thousands of acres of land there simply wont be that many foxes there for you to shoot !

1600 in the 3 year you have had a license !!

Bait them,call them even put a knackers yard conveniently there for them,you cant shoot what wont be there.

The only person your kidding is you.

i have had my liscence for just short of 5 years what are you on about

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I'm proving or disproving this blackbart - I think your land estimate is a bit off, we (myself and two friends) took just over 110 foxes off of a 2400 acre bit of ground per year on consecutive years - the volume of foxes really does depend on the ground etc, we once saw 6 in the same field screeching and fighting over a vixen, making all sorts of horrible noises!

If we had had nightvision etc I bet the 110 could have been closer to the 170 - 200.

Although the post doesn't say how big a piece of ground and what type of land...

Regards,

Gixer

yes i got a serious amount of foxes the year after i got my nightvision it cost me £4800 but its awesome.

i was shooting on land in different areas and i used to lay on the top of a hill looking over about 1500 acres to the other hill top and the call travelled a hell of alot and sometimes it took an hour for foxes to come but they used to come every time if i didnt get any set of eyes after 20 mins i used to use a totally different caller like some polystyrene on tile then to a electronic caller with the larger speaker on, bearing in mind there was no streetlights were this land is, it is easy to spot eyes even if they are faint i used the lamp to see the direction for the fox then dont use again after fox was within the land i can shoot on, as usually you can see it when it is clear as the fox is running towards you cos of the caller.

also actual fox count as written in my diarys for each year is as follows:

2007-2008 82 foxes from june when got lisence shot with 12 bore and 17 hmr

2008-2009 217 foxes .22-250.

2009-2010 324 foxes open licence granted from dec 2008 and got night vision

2010-2011 436 foxes

2011-2012 281 foxes year my little one was born .243.

2012-2013 26 foxes to date

total number of foxes 1366, i did estimate it and i was wrong but thats the proper amount.

Not that I'm proving or disproving this blackbart - I think your land estimate is a bit off, we (myself and two friends) took just over 110 foxes off of a 2400 acre bit of ground per year on consecutive years - the volume of foxes really does depend on the ground etc, we once saw 6 in the same field screeching and fighting over a vixen, making all sorts of horrible noises!

If we had had nightvision etc I bet the 110 could have been closer to the 170 - 200.

Although the post doesn't say how big a piece of ground and what type of land...

Regards,

Gixer

I agree Gixer it does depend on the ground but i still think 4 hundred plus is unrealistic.