my guns

elmar fudd

Your 687 is a nice gun. I bought a 687S too a couple of weeks ago, a 29.5" sporter multichoke, it has a spaniel engraved on one side and a pair of woodcocks on the other.

Mine was proofed in 1986, this can be checked by looking under the barrels where the proof marks are, there's a small square with two letters in. I'd guess yours is about the same age as mine as it also has removeable shoulders either side of the barrels where they lock into the top of the action.

I've just had the locking U bolt replaced as the top lever was going over centre and new strikers and main springs as they've probably never been replaced since new.

In my opinion they're better than the modern 687 versions.

I hope you enjoy yours.

Your 687 is a nice gun. I bought a 687S too a couple of weeks ago, a 29.5" sporter multichoke, it has a spaniel engraved on one side and a pair of woodcocks on the other.

Mine was proofed in 1986, this can be checked by looking under the barrels where the proof marks are, there's a small square with two letters in. I'd guess yours is about the same age as mine as it also has removeable shoulders either side of the barrels where they lock into the top of the action.

I've just had the locking U bolt replaced as the top lever was going over centre and new strikers and main springs as they've probably never been replaced since new.

In my opinion they're better than the modern 687 versions.

I hope you enjoy yours

thanks alot mate will check in a sec when mine was made :good: and im sure i'll enjoy it it fits me perfectly so hopefully we'll do well together :lol::good:

Great guns

How did you get on with your smart driven day and did you get a suitable cap - Dying to know.....

thanks mate :good: i did quite well actualy from memeory i had 3 pheasants 2 duck 2 partridge and a bonus fox :D so was over the moon that night lol and it turns out no cap was required :good:

fudd :good: