theoben rapid 7 power up ? slightly

kitchy

HI erm i had a weihrauch hw100 S/T model .22 an dit seemed normal and i used it for a few month thne i obught a theoben rpaid 7 and compared to my other gun it seemed a little bit under powered any way jsut to power it up a tiny we bit or any thing that could help taking it up to 11.8 or something like that ? i understand the FAC law my dad has a 50flbs airwolf but i jsut want it shooting some were near any suggestions wlcome

You said it seems underpowered but the only way to know is to get it chrono'd. Whatever you do, don't start trying to increase the power without some means of checking where it is - phone books don't count!

I have tested countless pellets and have reduced the power of mine to 11.3 as I know that whatever pellet I use it will be legal. BTW anything over 10 ft lbs will be powerful enough for hunting.

yes i no that it was just last night i was 20 yards away from a rabbit i was tucked into the shadows and i put the cross hair on its head and bang hit it and the poor thing jumped up a mile and ran away i was shocked :/ and all my other guns have been powerfuller i just want to no how to get it up to atleast 11.8 because i only use 1 pellet EVER! but every one thinks am looking to make it a FAC but i only want it a little bit more powerfuler and yeah my mates got a hhrono am am gonna give it ago today

but to be fair there is a video on youtube about a weihrauch hw100 well theres 2 on how to power it up and lower it and it hasnt been flagged or commited any offence and as it says at the begining it is to show you how to get it to 12flbs or well some were close e.g 11.8 but people will obviously abuse it and use FAC with out a licnence but in fair ness i need some one to tell me how to highten the power and i also have a chronograph ...courtest of my good freind and its 10.6flbs :/ so i jsut want to do it my self with out paying a gun shop to do it but by any means i do not want it to be FAC

If your gun Is putting out 10.6ftlbs that is more than sufficient enough to kill a rabbit without the need to tune it up. Just because you shoot a rabbit in the head doesn't automatically mean it will kill it either,you could of hit it in the nose,jaw,eye,shot to high and bounced off its head,skimmed It etc etc none of these will kill a rabbit out right apart from the eye 90% of the time (all though I have seen them still alive after an eye shot before).The kill zone for a head shot on a rabbit is just behind the eye and a little bit high-not to high mind you. I agree your rifle could be tuned up a little bit to get maximum power but it's not something you should try yourself if you have no experience of Airgun tuning yourself you will probably do more damage than good. I think the bottom line is-with all due respect you need to stop blaming the gun and maybe brush up on your accuracy before you think about uptuning it.

Edited by tomhw100

If your gun Is putting out 10.6ftlbs that is more than sufficient enough to kill a rabbit without the need to tune it up. Just because you shoot a rabbit in the head doesn't automatically mean it will kill it either,you could of hit it in the nose,jaw,eye,shot to high and bounced off its head,skimmed It etc etc none of these will kill a rabbit out right apart from the eye 90% of the time (all though I have seen them still alive after an eye shot before).The kill zone for a head shot on a rabbit is just behind the eye and a little bit high-not to high mind you. I agree your rifle could be tuned up a little bit to get maximum power but it's not something you should try yourself if you have no experience of Airgun tuning yourself you will probably do more damage than good. I think the bottom line is-with all due respect you need to stop blaming the gun and maybe brush up on your accuracy before you think about uptuning it.

Spot on. :good: