hushpower .410

adamk

as with all hushpower threads,of which there are many,

1st:what you want it for? A .410 is very quiet but has a limited range.

2:a 12 bore is much louder but obviously has range,but the pump versions are very longe and take some getting used too.

and the O/U 20 is in the middle,quieter than a 12,louder than a .410,but simular range to a 12,but they are more money and rare 2nd hand.

There will be someone on here selling a .410 soon when they want more range and it'll be cheaper than the one your looking at.

well it would be for close range rabbit work and possibily woodys as they come into roost .

as far as cost goes im not to bothered as long as the guns in good condition i can justify spending the money

my idea is to attach a small lamp and have the beem roughly to where the patterns going sort of a point and shoot idea

well it would be for close range rabbit work and possibily woodys as they come into roost .

as far as cost goes im not to bothered as long as the guns in good condition i can justify spending the money

my idea is to attach a small lamp and have the beem roughly to where the patterns going sort of a point and shoot idea

You need a pair of Williams Slugger sights, I have a pair on mine and they are spot on.

Guest cookoff013

buy a 12gauge,

very easy to load for, and you can buy a variety of cartridges. feeding these is the big issue here. regardless of calibre.

if you get the .410 you are severely limited as to what cartridges are effective, but thats shooting 7s or so. not ideal. buying 12gauge. means you can shoot, 9s all the way to SG subsonicly. in payloads of 24g to the 55 gram loads. that is versatile.

bigger shotsize and payload really increases the effective range when a speed or energy level is imposed (ie below the speed of sound).

i homeloaded some limp subsonics and they came back at 850fps. not really speedy, but they still did the job. i adjusted the load for alittle extra speed.

you will homeload better carts than factory, unless you load you are stuck with #6