deisel engine advice

foxnet22

hi fellas hoping for some advice from someone in the know,noticed today that oil was coming out the area where the heater plugs go in the engine.my transit hasnt been started for a while its been up on ramps for a good few weeks.it wouldnt start so one of the lads cracked off the nuts at the heater plugs to see if the deisel was gettin through.it was fine before he did this.what do you think is the problem.thanks for all info.

Are you sure it was oil and not biofuel which had got contaminated

mark

hi mate..it defo looked like oil..the engine runs perfect also i tightend the nuts on the fuel line to the plugs and it seemed to have reduced the amount coming out to almost nil.i am unsure on this so thought id ask.

hi fellas hoping for some advice from someone in the know,noticed today that oil was coming out the area where the heater plugs go in the engine.my transit hasnt been started for a while its been up on ramps for a good few weeks.it wouldnt start so one of the lads cracked off the nuts at the heater plugs to see if the deisel was gettin through.it was fine before he did this.what do you think is the problem.thanks for all info.

dont know about tranny engines, but land rover series diesel injectors have a copper washer, and a crush washer.

If the injector lines have been cracked off when getting it started, and if it was OK before that, then chances are they just need tightening up a bit more.

Or perhaps the pipe isn't seated properly, it can happen if they get slackened too far and get bent slightly, in which case slacken it off fully and make sure the pipe is straight in relation the injector and seated correctly.

transit? which type, i ask cos we've been here before on another forum and taking for granted makes fools of people ;) transit van with modern 2.4 dura torque / transit connect / old (1970's)2.4 york :blink: / 2.5 di (1990's)

:good:

Edited by Paul223

transit? which type, i ask cos we've been here before on another forum and taking for granted makes fools of people ;) transit van with modern 2.4 dura torque / transit connect / old (1970's)2.4 york :blink: / 2.5 di (1990's)

:good:

its a 75ps durotorqe di 2 litre diesel mk 6 2000 model

Edited by foxnet22

the injector pipes are (according to ford) a once use job and whilst more often than not they usually seal up after being disturbed, some times they just will not and will weep fuel

plus theres a seal around the injector, where the injector passes through the cam cover, which IIRC if perished / disturbed can leak oil

so grab your self a rag and clean it all up see what is leaking and where, or even better use some brake cleaner spray to flush the offending away, but give the brake cleaner 5 mins to evaporate before trying to run :yes: