Scope Question

Aaz

I was zeroing my scope again, after gun strip down/ re-lube and couldn't hit a barn door. Had a fag break and started again, I then noticed that instead of moving the rifle to target, I was moving my eye - never experienced this before, why have I started doing this, am I doing something wrong?

Do you mean that when you move the position of your head, the crosshairs move in relation to the image? If so it is probably a parallax error, where your scope is set to be focused at a different distance than your zero distance.

You can alter it on most scopes by gently unscrewing the metal ring on the front part of the tube and then turning the objective lens so your zero distance is in focus. If you do that it won't matter if your head is is a slightly different position when shooting as the crosshairs should remain in the correct place. Sorry if that's not explained very well.

Taxi Driver, the scope is back in the original position, I marked it before taking it of

FalconFN, yep that's pretty much what I'm getting when I move my head the cross hairs seem to move with me which gives the appearance I'm moving the rifle to target but actually its not moved at all, will have a look at trying to adjust the parallax I think I understand what you're trying to tell me - god help me now!! as my old man used to say 'that'll never work again' :rolleyes: