stock oil

brentus

My recipe for stock oil which i've used for years on my AYA no2 and more recently on my beretta silver pig 1,it is 3 parts artist quality linseed oil to 1 part artist quality PURE turpentine, leave for 8 days before using or applying more oil,lovely job.(just a few drops & rub well in)

My recipe for stock oil which i've used for years on my AYA no2 and more recently on my beretta silver pig 1,it is 3 parts artist quality linseed oil to 1 part artist quality PURE turpentine, leave for 8 days before using or applying more oil,lovely job.(just a few drops & rub well in)

will have to try mate, i use walnut oil on mine :)

i have just done this to my stock ,, spent a whole day preparing my stock with wire wool then rubbed on the linseed oil (boiled variety) in to the stock i left for 24 hours and it had well soaked in ,rubbed more in and left for another 24hrs,, then polished off , my stock now looks brill compared to how it did,,,this truely does work,, i would of left it longer but i,m out on the clays in the morning,,so will re oil and leave it on for longer than 24hrs,,,great tip :good: :good:

I use a third each of artist quality linseed oil, turpentine and beeswax. So, it's a block rather than a liquid. As far as I remember, I found this on the Purdey or Holland and Holland web site - but I can't find it now.

Seems to work well. But I could probably do with a Purdey or Holland and Holland gun, rather than a rather tatty Rizzini.