My first Shotgun

paulr5604

Cheers! I'll have a look!

Ho hum.. had a look, read the manual and looked again but I don't have the screws shown in the manual. It defo says 27 by the trigger guard so can only assume it must be an older version of the 27? Or is there a IZH27 & IZH27E. E for ejector?

:unsure:

If you are an inexperienced gun I would have some of the choke removed if I were you - to quarter & half.

totally agree with that statement, dont let anyone take the micky out of the baikel, they may be russian but are made to last and not go wrong, my mate has several thousands of pounds of guns, and whats the one he uses most....yup youve guessed it,

good choice my man, in 20 years time you will be remembering the fun you had with it,,,,,,,,,,

My first gun was a Baikal o/u which was handed down to me from my uncle. Fantastic gun which i still use today on the pigeons although my model is a single trigger... The barrels are still like glass on the inside and Ive never had any troubles with it! :D

Correct mine states 27E next to trigger guard.hence having the screws for the selectable ejectors

Could you post a pic of the screws please I can't look at my Baikal till my licence comes through and would like an idea of what to look for to check whether mine is set correctly.

Thanks

Could you post a pic of the screws please I can't look at my Baikal till my licence comes through and would like an idea of what to look for to check whether mine is set correctly.

Thanks

Hi I will post a picture over the weekend as I will be cleaning it saturday evening after going shooting in the morning.

I have just downloaded the manual interesting read (sad I know). I checked to screws that set to either manual or auto ejectors and they were set in the manual mode so turned them back to the auto setting then gave it a good clean and a light going over with some gun oil which has loosened up the action loads.

not sad at all downloadeing the manual interesting you have learnt some thing and then passed on some knowledge :good: