OUCH thats going to be expensive

Carcharadon

A friend and I were asked to return to a shoot yesterday as it has become over run with rabbits. The land owner also informed us of a further ten acre field he wanted us to look over as well. this is my thoughts on what occured.

We arrived at the agreed time of 9pm and spoke to the land owner, checked out the nearest land through the binoculars and spotted about 15 rabbits. Scared them all off :lol: Rabbits 15 Humans 0

On approach to the gate we noticed a rabbit as it lazily hopped off to the right of us down the slight slope. Peered carefully through the gate and lost my balance :lol: As I fought to stay on my feet I noticed three rabbits running away :lol: Rabbits 19 Humans 0

I wandered off to check a different area allowing my shooting buddy to check the field. I spotted a rabbit and misjudged the range due to the extreme angle of the slope. :eek: Decided to return to field as my mate shouts he has seen a fox in the field (jammy get).

I enter the same field and we have a wander to get accustomed to the land before night falls. Recce complete and decided to return to the RP for the lamps. This is where it gets really nasty readers of a nervous disposition may want to switch off now.

While holding the gun in my right hand by the grip on the synthetic stock I climbed the dry stone wall and surveyed the ground on the other side for obstructions. None spotted so I drop onto the ground at the other side holding the gun pointing slightly upwards. I hear a strange cracking noise as I hit the ground at the other side and my gun is now in two pieces :eek: :D

The stock has snapped at a point just behind the rear of the metalwork and run down and forwards to encompass the trigger guard. The astounding thing is that the gun did not contact the ground in any way To view the devastation click

HERE

HERE

HERE

and

HERE

Only got the gun in March last year. Does anyone know if this will this be covered by the warranty ? Or is it a case of call Daystate ?

As you can imagine I am a little dismayed.

Anyway to continue the story I elected to carry on regardless and after depositing my new takedown style daystate rifle :lol: :lol: acted as a lamper/ghillie for my buddy. Until midnight when we decided enough was enough and went home.

Final score : Rabbits 25 Humans 0

Oh and a final note my friend also slipped and we watched in amazement as he discovered his barrel could rotate ! Any way that was easily fixed :o

:lol: First and foremost................Never offer me a shooting invite.... :lol::lol::lol:

Daystate are very good on customer service, I had a problem with getting the gun to zero and it was down to a faulty batch of muzzle doofers.............sent one thru the post no probs.

Very suprised to see the damage caused to the gun though.

Are you sure that there was no impact to the stock itself, did it bash against your leg or anything like that.

Either that or you have got the grip of a gorilla...

I woulnt expect any problems from daystate, they will probably ask for you to send the stock back for visual inspection, if there are no marks on it then I dont think they will offer any objections. This would seem like a stress fracture. Possible weakness in that batch of stocks.

Give em a bell.......

Consumer protection states that it should be fit for purpose for a reasonable amount of time. It would be reasonable to expect a daystate rifle to be serviceable for may years. Chances are they will give you a replacement stock.

Aye, a real result from Daystate offering you the replacement stock pal, well done those men!

But I must say, I'm still laughing now about the sight of your gun as you stood there on my side of the wall, a gun that uniquely pointed in a rather non typical way... :drinks:

We'll sort the rabbits out there soon though pal, even if it means taking the 12 bores up on a Saturday evening after the place has closed to the public (it is a golf driving range).

Marc

Aye, a real result from Daystate offering you the replacement stock pal, well done those men!

But I must say, I'm still laughing now about the sight of your gun as you stood there on my side of the wall, a gun that uniquely pointed in a rather non typical way... :drinks:

We'll sort the rabbits out there soon though pal, even if it means taking the 12 bores up on a Saturday evening after the place has closed to the public (it is a golf driving range).

Marc

Strip the stock down with some nitromours and get it sprayed up..........My daystate is a nice cammo concoction.....

Just rite for hiding up and blowing bunnies heads off...

Strip the stock down with some nitromours and get it sprayed up..........My daystate is a nice cammo concoction.....

Isn't that going a tad over the top? Nothing wrong with the standard stock, you're not one of those Rambo evangelists are you? All camo war paint, red bandana's and bulging biceps?

If it aint broke, don't fix it, the standard stock will do just fine I'm sure. There's only so much you can improve in a beech stock, but stripping it and painting it up like a soldier is a bit much.

Isn't that going a tad over the top? Nothing wrong with the standard stock, you're not one of those Rambo evangelists are you? All camo war paint, red bandana's and bulging biceps?

If it aint broke, don't fix it, the standard stock will do just fine I'm sure. There's only so much you can improve in a beech stock, but stripping it and painting it up like a soldier is a bit much.

:lol: why spoil a perfectly decent stock? why not make a ghillie-suit for your rifle instead? :lol: (works for me :good: )