Bonuses

Asa Bear

I've seen a couple of threads recently regarding bonuses. I'd like to congratulate everybody who receives them and I hope they enjoy spending them however they see fit.

I work in the public sector so no chance of a bonus for me or even a raise. In fact this year will be another pay freeze like the past few. Actually it'll be a pay cut as I've had to give up days off for extra training.

Let me put my violin away now.

I would like to ask for a little understanding in the upcoming months. The government are proposing to increase my pension contributions along with my retirement age. My union is balloting for industrial action to protect our current pension. A strike may be inevitable.

So please when the public sector is next in the barrel please remember your bonuses and not too much union/public sector bashing.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get bonuses and have to pay into my own miserable pension pot whose outcome is dependent on the world economy, I don't have option to strike.

Accept that public sector has had a pay freeze for 3 years but I had to accept a 10% cut last year, so not feeling an awful lot of sympathy for public sector

I've seen a couple of threads recently regarding bonuses. I'd like to congratulate everybody who receives them and I hope they enjoy spending them however they see fit.

I work in the public sector so no chance of a bonus for me or even a raise. In fact this year will be another pay freeze like the past few. Actually it'll be a pay cut as I've had to give up days off for extra training.

Let me put my violin away now.

I would like to ask for a little understanding in the upcoming months. The government are proposing to increase my pension contributions along with my retirement age. My union is balloting for industrial action to protect our current pension. A strike may be inevitable.

So please when the public sector is next in the barrel please remember your bonuses and not too much union/public sector bashing.

What has your retirement age gone up to??

The PROPOSED new pension age is five years older at 60. Mine is a physical job that not many 60 year olds could do. There are enough that can't make it to 55. :lol:

Then i think you should wind your neck in.

Most in the private sector will still be working at seventy and not with the pension you will have.

Could they move the older folks to desk jobs as they near retirement?

I'm sure there are plenty of things people could do in their final 5 years before drawing their very generous final salary pension.

No, **** `em. Why should they be wrapped in cotton wool? Boils my **** when they think they`re so hard done by.

Edited by Muggins.

I work in the private sector my company is making good money with good growth even through the downturn, i have not got a bonus but i have a boss who is a tight *** :lol: but i am glad i have job and couldnt think of anything worse than being without one. So to be honest think its a bit of a joke that anyone can go on strike at this moment in time. As for pay freezes so what??? i and alot of other people in small companies do not get annual pay rises anyway so every year we loose out until we have to go through the whole rigmarole of getting a pay rise.

I wonder how many jobs would still be in the UK if people did not go on strike and make it difficult big employers?

Sorry not meaning to sound so unsympathetic as the long and short of it is you end up with less money for the same job which you work your nuts off for, hope it all goes well for you (without the strike action being required)

Unfortunately all the ******** pen pushing jobs are already taken by mid management. Which by the way they're making more and more of for the boys.

Increasing the retirement age gives the employer scope to dismiss older employees under capability issues. Why would they bother moving them to another department when they can save money sacking them?

If by the grace of God I'm still fit enough to do my job at 59 I'll be damned if I'll take the risks I do now.

Bare that in mind Muggins. As a member of the public you might need my services one day. If I'm a miserable old **** of 59 with a niggly back you might have to help yourself. :P

Unfortunately all the ******** pen pushing jobs are already taken by mid management. Which by the way they're making more and more of for the boys.

Increasing the retirement age gives the employer scope to dismiss older employees under capability issues. Why would they bother moving them to another department when they can save money sacking them?

If by the grace of God I'm still fit enough to do my job at 59 I'll be damned if I'll take the risks I do now.

Bare that in mind Muggins. As a member of the public you might need my services one day. If I'm a miserable old **** of 59 with a niggly back you might have to help yourself. :P

There are brickies, scaffolders and others in their fifties and even sixties with back problems and have no choice but to carry on working. I`ve done time in the public sector and have a small pension to come. I`ve heard the whingeing and whinning straight from the horses mouth. I had the perks as well.

There are brickies, scaffolders and others in their fifties and even sixties with back problems and have no choice but to carry on working. I`ve done time in the public sector and have a small pension to come. I`ve heard the whingeing and whinning straight from the horses mouth. I had the perks as well.

Why didn't you stay in th public sector with the perks and golden pension pots?

I've "done time" in the private sector. I started a pension aged 19. I will have a modest pension to come. I decided in my wisdom to join the public sector at 27 partly due to the pension and retirement age.

As far as I'm concerned the government changing these conditions is tantamount to MIS-SELLING.

Self employed trades get **** on the most,I would rather pay more tax and have a redundancy if things go wrong besides the fact that most trades have had to drop their day rate by 25%.

Don't see the builders striking.

And I'm sure at the end of the tax year we end up paying the same rate.(not checked)

I (still) earn less than £30k and pay more than £6k in tax and NI.

My mate in the building trade earnt over £50k last year. Paid his accountant just under £1400 and didn't pay a penny in tax.

I'd love to be able to self cert on all my earnings and have the perks of the private sector.

I (still) earn less than £30k and pay more than £6k in tax and NI.

My mate in the building trade earnt over £50k last year. Paid his accountant just under £1400 and didn't pay a penny in tax.

I'd love to be able to self cert on all my earnings and have the perks of the private sector.

There's one almighty fiddle going on there, just wait for the tax inspection. :lol: :lol: