Pig Farmer Shoots Himself with Shotgun!

m3vert

The farmer would have at the very least probably suspected ill treatment and at worst turned a blind eye to it.

All the farms I worked at had a bolt gun for casualty dispatch, this way always kept in the farmhouse gun safe and we would have to ask for it to be opened.

If the staff were not using a bolt then how did the guy think animals were being dispatched? there would have been some form of record of casualty animals.

I feel soory for his family but not for the man.

Edited by paulf

The comments that the cameraman was worse than the people actually abusing the animals are laughable.

So it is perfectly fine for the cameraman to stand by and watch "horrible abuse of intelligent animals" for weeks on end.

It is disgusting what went on but surely if you wanted to help those animals you would have gone to the farmer / authorities straight away and not filmed for weeeks.

So it is perfectly fine for the cameraman to stand by and watch "horrible abuse of intelligent animals" for weeks on end.

It is disgusting what went on but surely if you wanted to help those animals you would have gone to the farmer / authorities straight away and not filmed for weeeks.

Read the guys diary - he hated not being able to intervene, but one days worth of investigating wouldn't have given him a clear picture of what was happening. He saw vets and inspectors turn a blind eye, saw many different types of abuse, and learned a lot about what happens there ( and probably elsewhere too ).

Don't blame the investigator for the crimes he witnessed, without him it would still be happening there.

But now the farmer has comitted suicide it will stop? great result all round.

I am sad that anyone should kill themself, but blaming the activist is silly. Perhaps he couldn't face the prospect of prison, he wouldn't be the first to commit suicide rather than do a stretch but we don't blame the police.

I wish his family well and hope the press don't give them a hard time, maybe lessons will be learned and conditions will be improved on farms.