What to get

codit75

I have enougth funds to buy a NEW gun either a Berretta silver pigeon 1 sporter or a Lanber sporter deluxe. Is the Berretta worth the extra money, I have a Lanber sporter at the moment it's 13 years old. The reason I want to get a NEW gun is that I have the funds now and don't know when I'll have them again.

Thanks for your replys

Ps I've tyried both and the both fit me very well.

Cheers

Codit

Yes the SP1 is a nice gun, I am biased towards beretta's as I feel they are more right for me. Only thing with the SP1's make sure you give the stock several coats of stock oil to help protect it, if you go for it. Some do leak a liquid (prob flux)from the chamber to barrel joint for a few cartridges, one of mine did.

Yes the SP1 is a nice gun, I am biased towards beretta's as I feel they are more right for me. Only thing with the SP1's make sure you give the stock several coats of stock oil to help protect it, if you go for it. Some do leak a liquid (prob flux)from the chamber to barrel joint for a few cartridges, one of mine did.

Are the stocks not protected then, what oil would you recommend.

Cheers

Codit

I just put the stock oil on the stock allowed it to soak in for a few mins and wiped the surplus off and repeated it several times over the weeks, the correct instructions are on the tin. The first few times the oil was soon obsorbed into the stock.

As for the lanber guns I don't know what type of finish is on the stock.

Edited by BerettaSV10

Well I opted for the Beretta silver pigeon 1 30inch barrels in the end, I collected it today.

It's the first new gun that I have owned, what chokes are best to use for clays and pigeon shooting. Should I do anything to he gun before I use it for the first time.

Cheers Codit