back in the saddle

yds

Well I got up yesterday morning and my eyes were to sore (just dryness when i wake up) to drive so this morning I was up 2 hours before daylight to get my eyes moist enough to drive.

Well as I guessed they were dry, so in with the prescription drops x3 different lots staggered over 2 cups of tea.

Then I was soon backing out of the drive arriving in the dark. resting my eyes for a further 20 mins the light slowly arrived meeting the dawn chorus.

I popped some normal drops in and went for a stalk soon bouncing x2 does both of which looked BIG.

So I let them evaporate into the rape and went back to the truck. A drive around soon showed a family group up browsing the new hawthorn hedgerows.

I parked well down wind and walked in to an ambush point. Glassing with my zeiss field scope the young doe soon became apperant so I set myself up on my sticks to wait for them to appear in the gate way some 97m's off.

They soon did first the old doe very bellied up then a 4 pointer in velvet and then the youngster. She didn't stop till crossing, stretching her neck upright for a nibble on the hedge. I put the red dot on her neck and squeezed she fell dead not even hearing the bang.

This is the first animal I have ever shot in 30 years without glasses. A real first for me.

nospecs1.jpg

nospecs2.jpg

Sorry John i forgot to thank you for posting them out to me. THANK YOU...

Do you want the 308 case and the one surplus that has the 2 flash holes lmao. not a worry as the 2 holes now have a M7 thread in the bottom to use on the home made OAL gauge.

if you have more i will be more than happy to deal with you again.

ATB

Phil.