Old coins.

Bleeh

For free.

8 British one penny pieces (Britannia/King George), the earliest dated in 1930, 1931, 1933, 1934, 1939, 1940, 1940, 1942.

I can get pictures up later my my camera is ********* me about, but they all pretty much look like the same old pennies you see all over the place.

I don't believe in throwing money away, so if you want to give them to your grandkids or something as a bit of history, they are free (+ £3 p&p)

Cheers

Andrew

The Royal Mint had no plans to make any pennies in 1933 because there were already plenty around.

However, a small number were produced following requests for a commemorative coin. experts have always worked on the basis there were seven.

Of these, three were placed by the King under the foundation stones of buildings, two were presented to the British Museum and two found their way to private collectors.

In September 1970, during building work, one of the coins was stolen from the cornerstone of the Church of St Cross in Middleton, Leeds.

Rather than risk a further theft, the Bishop of Ripon ordered that another coin buried at St Mary's Church in Hawksworth should be unearthed and sold.

Today the Mint Museum, British Museum and the University of London each hold one of the coins, with three in private collections.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1302005/1933-penny-coin-valued-80k-offered-eBay-suddenly-withdrawn.html#ixzz1qnUXinz2

If I found that I had one of those , I'd open up one of my magnums of 1992 Screaming Eagle wine and have a drink to celebrate.

But sadly I haven't got one, so I'll just stick to drinking a couple of bottles of Antarctic Nail Ale beer. :P:P