Gordon's recoil system hulls

I thought they was gamebore too, but if there anything like the standard load they kick like mule's. I don't know about gordons recoil system, but it sure don't half make them crack. I've also had a fee bad ones recently with a crushed up silver shroud, so won't fit in the chamber. 5 out 1 box must of been a bad batch. If your anywhere near Lincoln I have a fair few emptys of them if you want them too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I thought they was gamebore too, but if there anything like the standard load they kick like mule's. I don't know about gordons recoil system, but it sure don't half make them crack. I've also had a fee bad ones recently with a crushed up silver shroud, so won't fit in the chamber. 5 out 1 box must of been a bad batch. If your anywhere near Lincoln I have a fair few emptys of them if you want them too

I had a couple recently that when put in the lower barrel didn't quite fit so the gun wouldn't close properly.

Guest cookoff013

its a slight void, in the basewad that flexes when fired.

i dont like them and think they are a gimmick. if i want lower recoil i`d load less powder or i`d find a different recipe.

How does the gordon thingy work?

Personally, I'm not convinced that it does. I can't feel any difference between these and other 28g cartridges. I just like the patterns they throw but they are getting expensive, I'm currently trying Hull Superfast which seem OK even if some people do say they're punchy.

its a slight void, in the basewad that flexes when fired.

i dont like them and think they are a gimmick. if i want lower recoil i`d load less powder or i`d find a different recipe.

Personally, I'm not convinced that it does. I can't feel any difference between these and other 28g cartridges. I just like the patterns they throw but they are getting expensive, I'm currently trying Hull Superfast which seem OK even if some people do say they're punchy.

I agree with you both, I think when you're letting rip with 28-32g of shot at above the speed of sound, there's not going to be much that can be done about how the gun reacts, well, not by making the case different anyway.

Guest cookoff013

I agree with you both, I think when you're letting rip with 28-32g of shot at above the speed of sound, there's not going to be much that can be done about how the gun reacts, well, not by making the case different anyway.

yup.