Pheasant feeders

Rob G

On one of the farms i shoot the farmer has given me permission to put some feeders down in a couple of small spinneys.Me and the farm workers are allowed to shoot it.I have got some large buckets with lids to make into feeders,problem is how high do i make the spring feeders from the ground ?

I think it does,i want to try and attract as many wild birds as possible.I also put a combination of maize,beans,peas,sunflower seeds and other small seeds.I hand feed these on top of straw.My theory is that by putting a assortment of different sizes they will keep rooting around looking for food.I'm using spring feeders as well this year so they have a food supply 24 7.

The feeders are approx 20yards from a small stream.Last year i only fed them by hand,it was a bit of a experiment to see how many birds where about.One afternoon i counted 40 birds in the near by field.Not a huge amount but very pleasing.