A Very Worthwhile Morning!

Frenchieboy

I woke up at silly o'clock this morning so after two morning brews I decide to take the .22 "pumper" for an airing, and I'm glad I did! I got to a farm where I can usually get "a few" fresh rabbits but this morning the place was crawling with young uns! The farmer had noticed them and asked me to thin them out a little even though they were only small. That suited me fine! In a matter of about half an hour I had 10 in the bag along with a few descent sized adults.

Anyway, as I got towards the top of the field near the old road a neighbouring farmer spotted me and called me over to his motor. He said that there was a farmer/small holder next door to him that wanted me to go and see him about a "Fox Problem" that he wanted me to deal with and also that there was another neighbouring smallholder that wanted me to sort out a few Feral Cats that had been after their chicken. I will be visiting the both of them this evening!

Just after he had finished talking I spotted a fox that I had been told about. It looked like a youngish vixen but was about 75 yards away and on the move so I didn't even bother with taking a shot as there was too much chance of leaving her wounded, and anyway my little .22LR is not "conditioned" for general fox shooting. I did however watch her closeley and found her earth, one that I was not aware of, so that is another to sort out!

All in all a very productive morning, giving me 4 new (Smallish) permissions in the last couple of days so it was well worth going out early for!

I guess I will have to get up and about a bit earlier more often! :lol:

Just as a foot note, I have just got hold of another couple of boxes of the Federal .22WMR 50g ammunition to do the "range and tradjectory" tests with so I hope to be doing the video of that in the near future!

frenchie, you have a very understanding wife, you lucky sod.

Some men, when they are "out on the town" have a favourite saying of "My wife doesn't understand me"! I can't use that one as my wife understands me only too well, and keeps me (Or tries to) on a tight leash at times! :lol::lol::lol:

All joking aside, I wouldn't swap her for the world. She understand the countryside, country ways and that farmers should have a right to protect ther stock, crops and livelyhood, and accepts that I am providing a service for them with what I do!

I regularly get "shooting buddies" visiting me at all times of the day or evening and Marlene (Even though she has no interest in shooting) alway makes them feel welcomed with fresh tea/coffee and cakes or bacon butties - My original FEO used to try to time it so that if he was visiting he could come in to the smell of fresh baking in the hope that he would be offered something from "Marlene's Kitchen"! She really is a "one in a million" and worth her weight in gold, I would not want to swap her. - Even though she knows I have room in the cabinet for another gun but says (Quite firmly) "You don't need another gun" - I reckon that I can soon work around that one guys! :lol:

Edit: I've just noticed how I have worder the bit about "being offered something from "Marlene's Kitchen" - I mean Cakes, Scones or Butties - Not what some of you "dirty minded old letches" might be thinking! :no::lol::no:

Edited by Frenchieboy