furry tailed tree rat!!

hobgoblin

Wife called from the kitchen"squirrel in the garden" so out i popped ,loaded the air rifle,sneaked the door open&............ the tree rat scurried up the tree line,along the fence&hedge then up the willow(about 30' up it in the thick foliage..but now there back(after nailing 6 last summer not seen any so far this year) the trap will be set,gun at the ready &door lock/hinges oiled for a stealthy pot shot....His days are numbered!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is probably more than one, so keep your eyes open. They could have been breeding.

If you want to use bait to draw it to a certain spot, use a bit of whole maize. You can buy it from a lot of garden centres (some people like to feed tree rats). Then you can draw it to somewhere you can get an easy shot at it.

And last of all, remember to add your kills to the Pigeon Watch Grey Squirrel kill count for 2012.

Good luck!

There is probably more than one, so keep your eyes open. They could have been breeding.

If you want to use bait to draw it to a certain spot, use a bit of whole maize. You can buy it from a lot of garden centres (some people like to feed tree rats). Then you can draw it to somewhere you can get an easy shot at it.

And last of all, remember to add your kills to the Pigeon Watch Grey Squirrel kill count for 2012.

Good luck!

cheers for that.iv'e set a squirrel trap with a few nuts but nothing the last few days it was good last year .but when i get 'em i'll note it on the forum ta .

we have a family that have just been allowed out of the nest, keep using out bird table as a local diner.

unfortunately for them that is where I zero the PCP so I know I am good for 5p sized groups there!

I shoot from the kitchen table through the open window. never even see me!