Bore snakes

coupe312

This has been done before, but I would say they are fine for a quick clean but a good rodding is always better. Many will disagree but they are all wrong :no:

You can't put a rod in your pocket as easy as a snake so they are great for saving the day if you plug your barrel (but then sticking tape over the end of your barrel can also stop that :no: )

Dont do it mate, they dont klean properly, if you value your gun treat it right and clean it properly! :no::no:

Also you dont need mops, jags or cloth, just use kitchen roll, its much cleaner and cheaper! :no::no:

what method do you use with the kitchen roll?

cheers

Get a blummin bore snake - it makes cleaning quick and easy.

Contrary to what die hard gun cleaners will tell you, the bore snake won't damage your barrell and it does work - four times through each barrell and then into the washing machine (yes it's machine washable). If anyone has any factual evidence on how a bore snake or copper headed brush can damage a barrell that has erm shot blasted up it regularly then please let me know.

This has been done before, but I would say they are fine for a quick clean but a good rodding is always better. Many will disagree but they are all wrong :no:

You can't put a rod in your pocket as easy as a snake so they are great for saving the day if you plug your barrel (but then sticking tape over the end of your barrel can also stop that :no: )

stuartp

If you get a plug in your barrel how will you get the bore snake thought to clean it :no:?:no:?:lol:

My bore snake only has a weight on the end.

I wondered the same thing but I suppose you'd loosen the plug from the muzzle end then use the snake to make sure it was completely clean.

Ben

Yes as you say, dig the snow/mud whatever out with anything to hand and then run the snake down it to get rid of anything else in the rifling, or give your gun to a mate to fire just in case ther is something left in there :no:

I am only talking about rifles here, I know people use them on shotguns as well.