Homebrew cider

beerdeor

Hi my learned homebrew buddies.Im just finishing my first homebrew bitter (drinking it that is) turned out pretty good,anyway my attention has quickly turned to cider.The reason being me and my brother inlaw do enjoy a drop of old rosie scrumpy.

Having had a quick read up seems turbo cider is quite popular.

So guys what are your thoughts and recipes on the subject.Sorry if this doesnt make so much sense but I fear my first batch maybe a bit stronger than the 4.5% lol

many thanks Jim

i make it in winter and keep it in a pessure barrel in the garage in summer its too warm and would need chilling . i just fill a 5 gallon fermenting bucket with apple juice from cartons and throw a cider yeast on it when its fermented out its fairly tasteless so when i syphon it into the pressure vessel i had 2 more cartons of apple juice this flavours it and also sweetens it to my palet with it being cold in the garage any fermentation of the added juice for flavour is very slow :good:

• 2 weeks later...

I've made it with apple juice form netto .. the juice isn't from concentrate and is about 70p per 1.5ltrs .. I've found that u need to add very little if any sugar to have a drinkable 'cider' … i also just use a general purpose brewers yeast and add some cherry juice sometimes after the initial ferment for a 'fruity' taste … strawberry vimto too can also be added which taste great .. a bottle per 5 gallon bucket :good:

• 2 weeks later...