Small bag

motty

This afternoon i thought i'd have a few shots over peas. With dozens of fields to choose from, i wasn't sure where to go. I know some areas always show a few birds, so i checked there first.

It was the fifth field i looked at that i decided to set up on. There was about 150 pigeons feeding and more on the way from the direction i expected, as i arrived at 12.30 ish.

The field is only about 10 acres with a rape field running alongside. I set the hide against the rape (which is taller than me) and set the decoys.I used Fuds and pro decoys. The magnet was put 25 yards to my right.

Once i had a few dead birds down, i put out a few on fibre glass sticks.

The shooting was really frustrating. I had lots of bunches in 6's and 10's coming in which was ok, but as soon as the first shot was fired each time, the rest were gone in a flash. The wind was just too strong. I know some people think it's better to shoot in a strong wind but i don't. I reckon i could have easily doubled the bag if it had been a dead calm day. I did get an odd left and right and also a nice 2 for 1 shot, but it wasn't as enjoyable as it could have been. Still, for just over three hours i suppose i should be happy to have been out and shot a few.

I finished with a modest 28.

post-2090-0-56835800-1339270215.jpg

post-2090-0-94441400-1339270231.jpg

post-2090-0-79752900-1339270241.jpg

nice one mate, good write up. hope your right about the lighter winds we are out tommorow on peas. finnaly found a field with couple of hundred on it :good: forecast is for much lighter winds. hoping for a decent bag as they have not been shot as far as we know and have'nt seen a whirley :) hope to report back here with some piccys tommorow ;)