BURRIS & GMK

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends what the repair entails and if it shoots straight afterwards. If the scope is bent then obviously not but it looks from the pictures like a little dink

OK little dink that gmk are responsible for and admit it , so make me an offer ,remember it might not shoot straight for long after being dropped from a great hight , It will be for sale with the truth about its history so I can rely on you for an offer ? sorry no Gtee

I had a problem with my magazine on a tikka super varmint on Monday evening the rifle is 2 years old end of this month, I phoned the dealer i purchased the gun yesterday and they contacted GMK who said because i only had a piece of the magazine left it would be difficult to replace under warranty, i sent GMK an email last night explaining the situation of how the magazine had come apart and one piece is in the middle of a barley field and impossible to find.

Fair play to them i received an email from them this morning to say replacement magazine is in the post for me under warranty, I call that good service.

You've got to be either Scottish or seriously northern to be able to go off on one to this extent, something got damaged in transit it happens just calm and see what they are going to do about it. Before having a heart attack over it.

You've got to be either Scottish or seriously northern to be able to go off on one to this extent, something got damaged in transit it happens just calm and see what they are going to do about it. Before having a heart attack over it.

Scottish and watch the racism ,play with your sexy pictures in between being an optical expert and wit .

can you guys with the neg comments not use your pea brain to see every time you post- I reply -keeping the thread alive ,you only seem to reply to keep you average of posts up , either that or you are all on crack. but just to show no hard feelings come on up for a days driven partridge ,if the foxes have not got them all by then ,and oh you may have to go walking gun with some Scottish beaters then you can express your racism to them .We have one English beater but he is becoming trained abet never to a top standard ,its not there in the breeding,

Edited by graiglearn

I must be missing Ackley, its getting difficult to resist the wind up element of some threads. If there is so much at risk at this game shoot, its hard to believe a scope cannot be sourced. You are so keen to point out the value of birds being lost yet two possible saved casualties cannot buy an entry level hawke scope to tide you over?

come on Fister thats the voice of reason ;)

also show me a keeper who knows no one he could invite to do the job if required. This is an attempt to make GMK sit up and take notice and we can then refer back to the tea and sugar comment.

Once the OP has the opinion back and either a mended or replaced scope then is the time to start potentially mouthing off this does nothing in the meantime. Other than raise his stress levels

come on Fister thats the voice of reason ;)

also show me a keeper who knows no one he could invite to do the job if required. This is an attempt to make GMK sit up and take notice and we can then refer back to the tea and sugar comment.

Once the OP has the opinion back and either a mended or replaced scope then is the time to start potentially mouthing off this does nothing in the meantime. Other than raise his stress levels

Back again boys ,why do you never actually answer a question for once instead 'I think you ramble too much' , As for inviting 'who' ,other reliable people have their own vermin worries and it would appear you have cornered the cowboy market,and as for a entry level scope afraid our foxes are not townies ,that come to hand for a big mac.

you'd have thought if they were that wild you'd make the most of GMK's scope bashing and buy something german scope wise ;)

If it was such an issue all your poults were being foxed put an advert on here for someone with the gear and I'd say you would have more than a few options by the end of the day. But then that wouldn't make it sound such a hard luck story.

you'd have thought if they were that wild you'd make the most of GMK's scope bashing and buy something german scope wise ;)

If it was such an issue all your poults were being foxed put an advert on here for someone with the gear and I'd say you would have more than a few options by the end of the day. But then that wouldn't make it sound such a hard luck story.

There you go again rising to the bait like a good thing,I might buy something German if GMK would consider what value was the burris £700 as new ? But we all dont have 2 grand lying about to spend like you boys down south,as for others,doing the job, can you not read ,Oh we did have some guys from south of the border who no doubt would have been interested ,but were too busy catching badgers for baiting and poaching deer- until caught -you must be so trusting to allow strangers who would answer such an advert to roam your patch - then come back and clean you out .How about taking off the rose glasses and be realistic or are you so alone any company will do - Got some Ayrshire Ex mining lads if you need a hand ?

[quote name='graiglearn' timestamp='1341409237' post='1833663' ,Oh we did have some guys from south of the border who no doubt would have been interested ,but were too busy catching badgers for baiting and poaching deer- until caught -you must be so trusting to allow strangers who would answer such an advert to roam your patch - then come back and clean you out .

was gonna offer you a scope mate,free of charge,till i read that bit.............

Fister If you check the first page it was a present ,That was the new price , never seen a 8x32 Quality scope at that price Hell a second hand nightforce with that mag is nearer £800-900 . As I have stated it is GMK I am after, and by agreeing on a good German scope seemingly you exclude GMK ,they dont do German so you are agreeing not to use them ?

Edited by graiglearn

was gonna offer you a scope mate,free of charge,till i read that bit.............

Did you know them?If you look back it was mentioned that I 'must be from scotland or up north 'Think that includes racist remarks to your part by your own ,they started the wit !

Edited by graiglearn

Still not calmed down then i see. Can't think why the customer service people want nothing to do with you :wacko: Also since when did 'Scottish' become a race? I always thought it was a nationality, you learn something new everyday(!) :rolleyes::lol:

Told you ,you can learn .

You see, that extra sugar has given al4x a rush of blood to the head, how dare he suggest such a halarios course of action that we should all cross our fingers for?

Hello again Lads, forgot to thank you 'fister' for doing what I would never dream of ,Stating Burris were inferior ( tut tut)scopes Don't think you should say things like that ,also by association as GMK dont do German, so must be supplier of those type of goods! , you are doing all the slanging I require , Many thanks you are doing exactly what I need .Might have slipped that one in sooner,sorry , but keep on going the more you post the more people will see your slagging of the related company's Hell I was just after C/S you have done the whole company,s

Edited by graiglearn

Nothing wrong with burris at their price point, the critisism is YOUR innapropriate choice of optic.

A Hawke aint a Zeiss but it isnt 2k either.

If the price reflects the performance it is a fair piece of kit.

Sorry but that looks like a bit of a backtrack ,what happened to the any scope will do syndrome ? you have slated Burris in a post , I have told you repeatedly the scope was a present , in its time this was top of the range and price compared with top Europe scopes at that time, so pricing is not an issue ,your statement was that the burris was inferior even new to a second hand scope of the same period and price ,sorry stick to your stated position, but thanks for the post again -back up there and over 2000 views and you slated Burris & GMK as title

I am not wishing to cause any offence, however I doubt that this thread is going to achieve anything, or at least nothing that you seem to wish to achieve.

I am new to the sport, and I hadn't heard of GMK before. I can't say that the thread has entirely put me off them as a company for the future, so effectively this thread is giving them free advertising ("any press is good press").

Before you call me a fool I will explain. Your thread comes across as an individual rant over a single customer services issue. I have seen lots and lots of places where customer services get a very mixed bag of reviews, so a single person with a single complaint (no matter how expensive or inconvenient to the individual) will not put me off a company. Interestingly the more "ranty" the complaint the less I personally would take it in.

If you compare this with the Euroguns thread where everyone was saying that they have had bad experiences, that would put me off going there (if it then didn't close down). However in this thread it seems to just be you ranting to the world.

I don't mind putting this back up to the top, and making sure that it is getting more views, however I don't think it is going to be helping your cause at all.

I am not wishing to cause any offence, however I doubt that this thread is going to achieve anything, or at least nothing that you seem to wish to achieve.

I am new to the sport, and I hadn't heard of GMK before. I can't say that the thread has entirely put me off them as a company for the future, so effectively this thread is giving them free advertising ("any press is good press").

Before you call me a fool I will explain. Your thread comes across as an individual rant over a single customer services issue. I have seen lots and lots of places where customer services get a very mixed bag of reviews, so a single person with a single complaint (no matter how expensive or inconvenient to the individual) will not put me off a company. Interestingly the more "ranty" the complaint the less I personally would take it in.

If you compare this with the Euroguns thread where everyone was saying that they have had bad experiences, that would put me off going there (if it then didn't close down). However in this thread it seems to just be you ranting to the world.

I don't mind putting this back up to the top, and making sure that it is getting more views, however I don't think it is going to be helping your cause at all.

Fair enough ,pal I do think there is such a thing as bad publicity, Hell been there before with a bank and it worked,if this works it works if it don't I am no worse off than I was ,but whether you use GMK or not ,ask your retailers about them first.It may surprise you,but a lot are afraid of the big bad wolf,me I don,t really care.I got someone else to do the slagging I just kept asking Questions Edited by graiglearn

I have not 'dissed' any products ir companies, merely stated the common opinion of the forum is the best true lowlight foxing scope st a realistic price is the S&B 8x56 and i agree. They are no better or worse that other german and austrian gear but simply commonly available second hand as user often trade up to equivalent zoom scopes when funds allow.

Its just that for such a serious pest controller, you just seem so full of bad news. I merely said any scope is better than no scope when you are up against a serious pest control problem.

Your best bet might be to go outside and shout all your posts out loud and just frighten the foxes away that way or does that just work for us plagued with pet foxes that normally eat from our hands, not serious hard core foxes like yours?

I rarely post much these days as im not really keen on getting into arguments but thread was just too tempting to resist, i just wish my pal Dave P'icasso could paint you 'scream face' lol

You and your mate have served your purpose well 'opinion should state a personal liking not rubbish others by inferring as inferior' ,amazing what you will believe ,but it all has had the desired effect, Hope Burris don,t take your slagging to heart .I am getting bored with you now you have served your purpose as has this thread as I said .