Inter Service's Clay Shoot

Peathag

I would just like to say a big thanks to the Army for laying on an excellent 100 ESP at Larkhill Shooting Ground and for beating the Police who are very consistant winners. The layout was very diverse with some deceptive targets, organisation was excellent and the weather was superb.

We (The Fire Service) were only 1 clay behind the Police ourselves to secure third place, maybe next time at Doveridge or Beverley we could improve on 3rd place.

Thanks also to Wiltshire Fire & Rescue Service for our overnight stay at their Salisbury Fire Station and the lads that looked after us there.

:good:

I would just like to say a big thanks to the Army for laying on an excellent 100 ESP at Larkhill Shooting Ground and for beating the Police who are very consistant winners. The layout was very diverse with some deceptive targets, organisation was excellent and the weather was superb.

We (The Fire Service) were only 1 clay behind the Police ourselves to secure third place, maybe next time at Doveridge or Beverley we could improve on 3rd place.

Thanks also to Wiltshire Fire & Rescue Service for our overnight stay at their Salisbury Fire Station and the lads that looked after us there.

:good:

Dawns son is in the RAF and a very good shot but has never looked into shooting for the air force?

:shaun:

Dawns son is in the RAF and a very good shot but has never looked into shooting for the air force?

Aye she has mentioned that in the past and isn't sure whether he is aware that he can take part - I might see her Thurs or Friday at work at mention it again. :good:

If its anything like the Army team mate,i would tell him not to bother :o they are very "clicky" and most are only average shots who stay on the team because they are mates :yes: time and time again i have seen them out shot by new guns,but they retain there team place :yes:

And before anyone jumps on my post and tell me im talking rubbish,i have witnessed this many times myself :yes: i am speaking from EXPERIENCE :yes: BB

Well thats how they operated a few years back anyway :yes: things might have changed :yes: but i very much doubt it :P

Edited by Bluebarrels

Hi Shaun, I'm in the RAF at the moment and I'm about to go on a 'Training Day' - free cartridges, free clays and free coaching :good:

It might just be worth him looking into getting involved :yes:

If he needs contact details of the relevant people just PM me and I'll get them sent to you ;)

Hi Shaun, I'm in the RAF at the moment and I'm about to go on a 'Training Day' - free cartridges, free clays and free coaching :good:

It might just be worth him looking into getting involved :yes:

If he needs contact details of the relevant people just PM me and I'll get them sent to you ;)

pm sent

get him to call me 07534501942 were looking for new talent - sevy

I take it your in the RAF also?

If its anything like the Army team mate,i would tell him not to bother :o they are very "clicky" and most are only average shots who stay on the team because they are mates :yes: time and time again i have seen them out shot by new guns,but they retain there team place :yes:

And before anyone jumps on my post and tell me im talking rubbish,i have witnessed this many times myself :yes: i am speaking from EXPERIENCE :yes: BB

Well thats how they operated a few years back anyway :yes: things might have changed :yes: but i very much doubt it :P

Well I can only speak for my experience within the Fire Service but the process will be the same. Anyone who is in the Sports and Athletics Association in each Service including retired personell can compete at theses events. The list of events is on the website, which anyone can access and if you submit your full name and intention to participate and on the day should your score be in the top 10 high scores of your Service then it is included in the Competition regardless. The inter service Comps are marked out of 1000 targets, 10 x top ten scores etc.

So, clicky or not, the way I see it there is nothing to stop anyone from competing if they really want to.

She is off till monday

Aye yer right - i will see her next week then

Well I can only speak for my experience within the Fire Service but the process will be the same. Anyone who is in the Sports and Athletics Association in each Service including retired personell can compete at theses events. The list of events is on the website, which anyone can access and if you submit your full name and intention to participate and on the day should your score be in the top 10 high scores of your Service then it is included in the Competition regardless. The inter service Comps are marked out of 1000 targets, 10 x top ten scores etc.

So, clicky or not, the way I see it there is nothing to stop anyone from competing if they really want to.

And im speaking from experience within the Army :yes:

And i'm not saying they cannot compete,of course they can,but whats the point of competing for a place on the team,shooting better than exsisting team members not once, but on a few occasions,and that person retaining his position on the team? and when questioned they state hes having a bad day/month/year! like i say CLICKY end of :yes: BB

I am talking about selection onto the Army team here :yes: not Raf/Navy/Police/Fire service,unless things have changed,but im sure you need to be serving in the Army to shoot on the team :lol: BB

Edited by Bluebarrels