First of many I hope

fenboy

Got my HW97kt back from sandwell field sports yesterday morning , its the first time I have had a gun tuned as I always tended to chop and change them a bit but having decided I really will not get a better springer than the HW97 and having had it for a couple of years with no wish to change it I decided to splash out the £75 for a tune up .

I have to say it really has transformed the gun , so much smoother with no twanging of the internals and the trigger has been improved even though it was good before.

It took a couple of hundred pellets to start getting the accuracy back ,once I was happy with that I thought I better try it in the field so had a hour under a sitty tree ,a few birds came in and out without me being able to spot them but finally one offered me a shot and a small twack was followed by a thud as it hit the deck.

Despite shooting loads with the shotgun I get a real buzz doing it with a springer!

Turkey2012209.jpg

Glad that you are pleased with it mate.

They are lovely rifles. I on the hunt for a new rifle. And that one has made it on the list.

Im not sure weather to go for a PCP or one of the modem under leavers?? Still Im not in any rush, so iv got time to have a look around and wait for a good deal to turn up.

Let us know mate haw you are finding your rifle in a few more weeks time once everything has had a good work in.

Sandwell are always spoken very highly of and even though they are only about 10 miles from were i live iv never been to there place. I will have to pop up over the summer i think.

Anyway good luck :good:

I just cant be doing with all the extra faffing about with a pcp I know they can be supremely accurate but I dont need to shoot anything smaller than a pigeons head and a good springer is more than capable of that !!. The 97 might be a bit heavy for some but I like the extra weight.

Cant beat the pleasure of a well tuned springer, nice shooting :good:

Thanks what Im thinking, Also all the filling the dam thing up with air,

That's why Im in two minds about it. They are a lot easier to shoot than springers But there can be a messing about with them Plus the power level starts to drop off as the air level goes down.

Iv read a lot about how modem under leavers that use smaller springs or gas struts have very little recoil and dont make as much noise,

Im shooting an old webley xocet at the moment. A real work horse of a gun. But it has a lot of recoil and fires loud.

But dealing and learning to shoot with it has been great. And many have said that if i can learn to shoot it well, then after than i will be able to shoot anything.

All part of the fun of a springer!

Hi halight . go to SFS and look at a hw95k ,22 great springers,

but lighter to use out hunting, get SFS to tune it and you will have one great gun

i use mine for bunnies and wood pigeons ,very smooth gun now with little recoil.

good luck with what ever gun you get and enjoy.

atb brian

I agree that the HW95 is a great gun had one before the 97 but I would go for .177.

Also if you have a webley xocet it too would be a very good gun once sandwells have worked there magic would cost £75 including return postage and is a cheaper option than a new gun :good:

I agree that the HW95 is a great gun had one before the 97 but I would go for .177.

Also if you have a webley xocet it too would be a very good gun once sandwells have worked there magic would cost £75 including return postage and is a cheaper option than a new gun :good:

Well i have been thinking of getting my xocet "done up" maybe having a gas strut fitted. The the stock has many marks and dent and a good few chips as well. So i would also have to replace that too. So my thinking was i might as well go the hole hog and buy another rifle.

That was one of the things about getting a PCP. I would then have one of each :P

What ever i do or get im not going to sell the xocet. Its a good working gun with many years more life in it.When i do get a new rifle then at some point i will probably start to do the xocet up a bit. Fit a new stock and maybe a tune up or a gas strut fitted.

I will take a look at the HW95.

Dose anyone know how you say there company name ?? :hmm:

Well i have been thinking of getting my xocet "done up" maybe having a gas strut fitted. The the stock has many marks and dent and a good few chips as well. So i would also have to replace that too. So my thinking was i might as well go the hole hog and buy another rifle.

That was one of the things about getting a PCP. I would then have one of each :P

What ever i do or get im not going to sell the xocet. Its a good working gun with many years more life in it.When i do get a new rifle then at some point i will probably start to do the xocet up a bit. Fit a new stock and maybe a tune up or a gas strut fitted.

I will take a look at the HW95.

Dose anyone know how you say there company name ?? :hmm:

WEIHRAUCH (pronounce VIARACK )

Edited by fenboy

I did plenty of research before trusting my gun to them , they are very well regarded the tune is less that a v-mach self fit kit ,its hardly just grease , included is a new spring ,spring guide ,top hat, trigger tune (its not just lighter) and polish and lube.

Now it cost me £22 to post to them ,so say it costs them £15 to post back its cost £60 for all that which is excellent value.

Yes im going to jump to Tonys defence here, hardly a grease up job. On my HW80 apart from the stuff mentioned above there was transfer port reamed, trigger stripped and polished. Hardly any recoil now and an absolute joy to shoot. Best £75 i ever spent. :good:

Ohh and it cost me £9 to send as they only need you to send the action not the stock as well, was back with me in 2 weeks :D

Edited by ANGOF

Yes im going to jump to Tonys defence here, hardly a grease up job. On my HW80 apart from the stuff mentioned above there was transfer port reamed, trigger stripped and polished. Hardly any recoil now and an absolute joy to shoot. Best £75 i ever spent. :good:

Ohh and it cost me £9 to send as they only need you to send the action not the stock as well, was back with me in 2 weeks :D

Yes i will second that tony dose alot more than stick a load grease in it.

Got my 97 back from him a few weeks ago and the diffrence spot on.

Its that good my deadly accurate JBd R10 has took a back seat for now

DSC00346.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

Tony was recommended to me by zini ( si pittaway ) from THL and HuntersVerminTV whatch his vids.

WARNING after any tuneing keep an eye on the power it WILL creep up SI,s went to 13fbs

any probs after a tune and tony sorts it free of charge.

CHEERS

GARRICK

Sandwell are only about 10 miles from were i live, But iv never been over there. Im going to make the effort and go and have a look,

As i have never used them i can not say how good they are. But I have read many good things about them. Not only on this site but also on other sites. They really do seem to have a large following.

But as with everything in life there will always be a small few that have felt let down by a company or service. You always find this in life. All you can do is give someone a "GO" and make your own mind up.

But i will stress that its very rear that you read a bad report about sandwell.