f a c and shotgun interview friday

i emailed the firearms dept last week to say that i am unsure if i said am or pm or just pm for an appointment, but if it is easier for them or they have a cancelation i am available at any time and at short notice... i had a missed call on the mobile that very day from them so i rang back the folowing morning and have my home visit tomorrow afternoon :good:

fingers crossed all goes well

had my visit today, went really well... he had a look at my gunsafe, didnt even shake it.. ran through some basic questions and said next move is contact my gp and my countersignatoury and if everythings ok he will reccomend i get the certificate. i had heard he wasnt a nice guy, seemed sound to me and wasnt here long, ten or fifteen minutes at the most.. a couple of weeks wait now and ill be skint again :sad1:

had my visit today, went really well... he had a look at my gunsafe, didnt even shake it.. ran through some basic questions and said next move is contact my gp and my countersignatoury and if everythings ok he will reccomend i get the certificate. i had heard he wasnt a nice guy, seemed sound to me and wasnt here long, ten or fifteen minutes at the most.. a couple of weeks wait now and ill be skint again :sad1:

Glad it went well for you mate. You may find (or not) that they won't contact your GP. In all the years I've had licences, not once has my GP been contacted.

I hope you get the cert' soon. Bridgend police are usually pretty good.

Steve.

Yeah I was suprised how mine went. I was expecting him to go through the general security of my house (checking windows, etc) but no, although he did give my cabinet a shake.

Nothing about contacting GP/countersignatory, simply "you should get your certificate in 2 weeks" it is now exactly 2 weeks ago he visited so checking the floor next to my door everytime I come home from work haha, I'm sure you'll be the same soon :good:

• 2 weeks later...