What size of fuse? - Advice please

Kes

Hello gents - as above.

Instead of buying a new set, because they are duff, I decided to check the fuse in the charger from the car fag lighter to the ear defenders and surprise, the fuse had blown. I know the 25 amp one I have in at the moment is V unwise so whats the correct amperage to blow and, if poss, where do I get a replacement.

Thanks in advance.

Kes

As low as possible, the earmuffs will almost certainly draw less then 1A of current when on charge, the fuse rating should be written on the fuse. What type of fuse is it?, an 1-1/4" x 1/4" glass bodied type or a blade type?.

Hi it looks about and inch+ and is glass as you say - no writing on it at all to determine who made it or rating.

Finding a replcement wont be easy methinks but thanke for the advice - it seems very sensible.

Kes

There should be writing imprinted on one of the end caps (just indentations no actual ink). These should have a combination of numbers and letters which should give the spec of the fuse. From there it should be easy to get a new one.

(Often the numbers are hard to spot on the metal end caps).