Out going tide

Doc Holliday

Ahh, man! I'm going fishing today for definate after reading Mongrel's post. Tidemills or Dungeness? Hmmm, what a decision. Ok, gotta make haste before the book keeper comes in and nails me to the desk.

Should be some mackerel about up at Dungie tomorrow Doc, let me know if you're heading up and want some company as I fancy a dangle. Just done high water from the home beach and didn't get a bite. My pal had one undersize and a donkey choker of an Eel.

Well, as soon as I put that last post up I logged off and went to the local tackle shop. TBH, they don't hold that much in the way of se tackle and bait so I settled for a small bag of frozen squid and a dozen frozen sandeels. Chucked them in the van along with the rest of my tackle and then... the phone rang. I saw the number and it's one of best clients. 'Nuts!' I thought. 'I hope they don't need me today'. I answered it and it was the maintenence manager :oops: 'Can you come out today as we don't have any loo's working in the barn and they need to be up and working by tonight as we have the BBQ.'

As he's fairly new I didn't want to give him a reason to not use me in future. As it turned out, it took me the rest of the afternoon to sort it for them. Well, I got one of them working as the other was too far gone and needed a new loo.

That aside, I now have a bag of squid and sandeels that have defrosted nicely and sitting in my van. I'll best get thm out before they totally putrify.

Ack-ack, I'll take you up on your offer next time I can get down and you are free. Probably will be week commencing 9th july before I get a chance to go.

Sod's law. C'est la vie.

Well, as soon as I put that last post up I logged off and went to the local tackle shop. TBH, they don't hold that much in the way of se tackle and bait so I settled for a small bag of frozen squid and a dozen frozen sandeels. Chucked them in the van along with the rest of my tackle and then... the phone rang. I saw the number and it's one of best clients. 'Nuts!' I thought. 'I hope they don't need me today'. I answered it and it was the maintenence manager :oops: 'Can you come out today as we don't have any loo's working in the barn and they need to be up and working by tonight as we have the BBQ.'

As he's fairly new I didn't want to give him a reason to not use me in future. As it turned out, it took me the rest of the afternoon to sort it for them. Well, I got one of them working as the other was too far gone and needed a new loo.

That aside, I now have a bag of squid and sandeels that have defrosted nicely and sitting in my van. I'll best get thm out before they totally putrify.

Ack-ack, I'll take you up on your offer next time I can get down and you are free. Probably will be week commencing 9th july before I get a chance to go.

Sod's law. C'est la vie.

No problemo Doc. I'll see if Margun is free also, he's a good chap.

PS If you let your bait putrify a bit it's good for prawn traps if you have any. It will refreeze okay.

No problemo Doc. I'll see if Margun is free also, he's a good chap.

PS If you let your bait putrify a bit it's good for prawn traps if you have any. It will refreeze okay.

Good man! Sounds like it could be a potential date. Err! In a blokey, non-gay kinda way, of course. In the meantime I'll try and sneak the bait in to our freezer at home without the Mrs seeing me. As always, there are two kinds of hope of that happening - Bob Hope & No Hope. Perhaps I should borrow MM's badge (Pay No Attention to the Man behind the curtain!), I'm sure that will help.

To be honest, I really don't know why women freak out when we put thing like that in the freezer. They are a strange breed.

Where do you use your prawns traps? I wouldn't have thought Dungeness was any good for prawns. Don't they like a more rugged bit of coast?

Good man! Sounds like it could be a potential date. Err! In a blokey, non-gay kinda way, of course. In the meantime I'll try and sneak the bait in to our freezer at home without the Mrs seeing me. As always, there are two kinds of hope of that happening - Bob Hope & No Hope. Perhaps I should borrow MM's badge (Pay No Attention to the Man behind the curtain!), I'm sure that will help.

To be honest, I really don't know why women freak out when we put thing like that in the freezer. They are a strange breed.

Where do you use your prawns traps? I wouldn't have thought Dungeness was any good for prawns. Don't they like a more rugged bit of coast?

Can't promise non-gay, we're off to fairlight :lol:

I use those wafty ebay helical nets any where theres broken ground. You don't get many but it's an another layer of interest if you are fishing the up and down. I'll give you the low down when I see you.