Home brew

Supersonic

Well my first batch of 'wash' has just completed.

It's just water, sugar, and a turbo-yeast.

Final measurement is 17.9% ABV.

The yanks use this to then distil moonshine but I will add lemonade and Sodastream syrup to the cleared wash to make a nice fruity punch!

In summary that's approx 80 pints of potent punch for less than fifteen quid!

Plus the usual satisfaction of having made it yourself!

If any one wants further details of how this is done just let me know.

Nige

I have kinda got into the homebrew as it saves a few quid intstead of the pub...did 40 pints each of beer and cider for my birthday and still got a couple of bottles left...The beer is not the best but the cider is a cracking pint...just got to make sure you dont get the sediment :oops:

I have been tempted but am put off by all the rigmarole . If there was a really easy and simple method I would definitely have a go .

Fruit juice, water, sugar, yeast, bucket, wait, filter.

Couldn't be any simpler!

:good:

I have been tempted but am put off by all the rigmarole . If there was a really easy and simple method I would definitely have a go .

Try making some of the heemasex brews then. The Mrs did a batch of elderflower champagne last week. I bottled it up last night and it will be ready to drink in a few weeks. Very easy, though if I'm honest whilst bottling it I had no desire to taste it. It was ******* minging.

Buy a beer kit (£12 to £25 for 40 pints worth), a big bucket, some steriliser and some screw-topped plastic bottles and you're away.

I started not so long ago with glass bottles (saved from going in the recycling bin) and a food grade plastic tub (£5 new) and it has served me well but I also now have an aluminium pressure barrel (£3 from an auction) so I can have 2 brews on the go at once. You can be as advanced or basic as you want - the only problem is now I drink too much.