Cartridge belt... Yay or nay?

Gizza22196

100 members have voted

1. 1. do you use a cartridge belt?

• Yes
    • No

I have a leather one that's yonks old, I think it was made for 2 3/4 shells and my 3" ones the rims overlapped and on at least one occasion the rim managed to injure my back. Sid wright told me the best use for them is when you score on wigeon when you can carry about a dozen with their beaks poked into the cartridge loop, their necks inside the belt. So I used to take mine empty in the vain hope I'd have a use for it. Last time I went fowling I called quits after a brace of pintail.

Pocket a handful for rough shooting take a bag to the pigeon hide and pegs although a dozen carts usually coves the driven shoots I'm on :lol:

You're right, gone are the days when I'd turn up on a drive with 8 or 10 boxes of shells! :good:

Edited by drone

On the clay ground or pigeon shooting I just take my cartridge bag.

On a game shoot I usually I just fill my left jacket pocket with a box of carts. If it's a mild day and I don't have a jacket on, I wear the belt to keep carts close at hand. If you sleeve the gun between drives you don't rub the stock on the brass :good: .