FAC from a club

clakk

Thanks for the reply,

Where you say it doesn't cover me for target shooting. Would this be from the clubs point of view or the certificates?

What I'm getting at is if the cert says for zeroing at a range ect will i be able to use it as a probationary member at a club?

Thanks.

I'm not allowed :no:

licence doesnt allow you I made the call to make sure once probation period is up have to send licence in to have target shooting added

Sorry had to go to work last night so couldn't reply.

It sounds a little daft, so it says on cert you can zero at an approved range ect but you're not allowed to target shoot.

Surley zeroing is shooting at a target?? I'm just gonna have to see what my cert says when it's in my hands then see where I stand with FEO and the range.

I'm sure once I'm a member at a range then it'll be a simple task of allowing target shooting/zeroing also? At least I hope it is.

I would think that to get target shooting added you would need to be a member at a club, requiring a 3-6 month probation period - a bit daft if you can already get one for pest control!

Do check that though as I may be wrong, but I suspect you would need to be a full member to get it added.

However, as you are allowed to zero at that range, but not target shoot, I would have thought you could do a lot of 'zeroing' with the gun at the range while on the probationary period, allowing you to still use your own gun until you are a full member.

The only real difference I would expect it to make is the ammo quantities your allowed to purchase, which should be far higher for a target shooter. But, as you should be able to use ammo from the club which stays there and isn't entered on your certificate, I don't think that's a major issue.

So yes, it can certainly be done, that is assuming the club is fine with you bringing your own rifle there for 'zeroing', not 'target shooting'. I can't see why they should care, but you never know until you try.

Edited by bedwards1966

I would think that to get target shooting added you would need to be a member at a club, requiring a 3-6 month probation period - a bit daft if you can already get one for pest control!

Do check that though as I may be wrong, but I suspect you would need to be a full member to get it added.

However, as you are allowed to zero at that range, but not target shoot, I would have thought you could do a lot of 'zeroing' with the gun at the range while on the probationary period, allowing you to still use your own gun until you are a full member.

The only real difference I would expect it to make is the ammo quantities your allowed to purchase, which should be far higher for a target shooter. But, as you should be able to use ammo from the club which stays there and isn't entered on your certificate, I don't think that's a major issue.

So yes, it can certainly be done, that is assuming the club is fine with you bringing your own rifle there for 'zeroing', not 'target shooting'. I can't see why they should care, but you never know until you try.

Thanks foir the reply bedwards,

I've just got off the phone to FEO and he said pretty much that. My cert is for pest control and won't be conditioned for target until i've done my probation at a club, then just send in cert with a cover letter from the club and they'll add that I can shoot there to it.

I'm not sure about the zeroing part but the good news is the co terminous cert is being dropped round later so I'll ask him then.

Happy days, 6 months will go in no time!!!