Cocker breeding - how to start

FalconFN

I have a 2 year old cocker bitch that I am thinking of breeding from. She's a great little worker with a fantastic line so I'd like to find a good sire for her but don't know where to start - champion dog or just a solid proven worker? Do you pay a fee up front or will they get the pick of the litter? The latter would be preferable for us but is that the done thing?

I've had a look at several websites but can't find many dogs in the South East so if anyone knows of any good stud dogs in Sussex it'd be great to hear about them.

Any tips/pitfalls would be most welcome as we don't want to go into this badly prepared.

Hi mate

Try:

Kennel: Randalyn Cocker Spaniels

Email: randalyn20@hotmail.com

City: Bransgore

County: Dorset

Phone: 07752061405

If your looking for a good stud make sure you do your homework and be prepared to travel for the right dog. Try phoning some of the top cocker men for advice on mating your bitch and how best to enhance the breed. Try guy's like Ian Openshaw, Simon Tyres, Will Clulee or Peter Jones, all are good men and will point you in the right direction.

Edited by Gun & Dog