fac permission

B725

Served my time,started with airgun & shotgun,worked my way up gaining contacts & trust on the way.Recommend it to others,it works eventually

It's a good way, I agree, but only for places where it is possible. As I said it's not possible in northern Ireland.

cannot see where 'I'm alright Jack' attitude " fits in.Perhaps you will enlighten me?

I shall do my best.

Kent said "I would deffo turn such a guy away "i want a gun, and i only need permision to be granted one" "

If that was everyone's policy then it would be ten times harder for people in northern Ireland to get access to shooting.

My broader point is that the more people that we can get into shooting, the better chance we have to continue ourselves.

It's a good way, I agree, but only for places where it is possible. As I said it's not possible in northern Ireland.

My broader point is that the more people that we can get into shooting, the better chance we have to continue ourselves.

Agree with you totally on both points,but in mainland UK it is easier(only relatively its still a struggle to say the least) to get permission first for an airgun,then once a farmer knows you turn up regularly,only take safe shots,shut gates after you etc. you can ask about FAC.

• 2 weeks later...

bit selfish tho isnt it, shooters are meant to help each other out!!!!! would you like to be treated like that? i take people out and get taken out on loads of land its all about a bit give and take

i hope you try and get a licence and cant get the land, people dont get the land if they dont ask so between 2 of you, you dont know him why does that even matter

on loads of my shoots the landowner doesnt or didnt know me people have to start somewhere

Are you joking mate?

So some random asks you if they can shoot on your land just to aquire an FAC and firearm and you'd say yes, jesus.

It's taken me years of air rifle and shotgun shooting before getting land to aquire an FAC, why the hell should it be easy?