Another Shotgun Application Interview Question! :)

Hi guys,

I have my interview for my application on friday :) I was wondering is it worth showing my certificate for attending the BASC Young Shots Introductory Day? Also what sort of questions will I be asked? As I am 17 years old and will not be actually owning a shotgun until I am 18, i will be using my older brothers guns with him ( he lives in the same house as me and stores his guns here) any help to prepare would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!! :)

Phil

Mention it, it'll tell the FEO that you've a genuine interest in shooting, and safety.

The questions you'll be asked will be to check if your an unstable taxi driver who's likely to go on a murdering rampage with a gun (or anything else to that effect). You'll be asked how to handle a gun safely (i.e keep it broken when taking it from the slip etc), and shot fallout (just say 300 yards for normal carts). Mostly they'll tell you the answers, and will tell you about the legal stuff (storage, transport, paperwork and so on). They aren't trying to trip you out, they tend to be helpful people.

Don't be afraid to ask them questions, and listen to what they say, they can have good advice.

You should have joined a shooting organization as well then he would see you are responsible and insured plus if you had any problems you would have access to decent legal opinion. SACS will give you a free membership up to your 18th birthday 01698 885206 and tell Elspeth Tam sent you, good luck with the interview.