phantom pregnancy??

i need some help,i have been to visit my vet as i suspected somthing was wrong with my pup,shes nearly 12months old and had her first season around 3 months ago and she said that what she is experincing is a phantom pregnancy and may do so evreytime she comes into season for the rest of her life.

What i am wondering is will it affect breeding from her in the future and when may be the best time to breed from her?? and will the phantom ones stop if she has a litter?

many thanks NCS

NCS,

Read Here;

http://www.sniksnak.com/doghealth/false.html

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/health/falsepreg.htm

Other things to watch for are mastitis, and pyrametria.

Phantom pregnacy doe not cause a bitch to go sterile, and most will breed , however breeding does not mean that the false prgnacies will stop in the future.

Unless this is an exceptional bitch with fabulous lines behind her I would look at speying her.

NTTF

thanks NTTF i have read both and am reluctant to get her sprayed as she has shown great potential and also has good breeding lines BUT i do not want to detriment the dog breed by breeding from her. One of the main reasons for buying her was to breed from her but i think i may have to reconsider. :P

Many Thanks NTTF