First time decoying for crows with my homemade decoys ...

smirff

After making my decoys yesterday it was early to bed and the alarm set for 5am, i had read on here early was best for the crows, after hitting the snooze a couple of times manged to drag myself out of bed and with the car already packed lifted my gun and headed to my perm.

This was my first time decoying for crows and i had made the decoys so wasnt expecting to much, had to be home for 9am as she who must be obeyed was heading out to work and i had the kids.

Got the hide set up quickly beside a telegraph pole and placed my decoys in no particular fashion around 15-25 yards in front of me, this is my first permission but i have been watching the crows and jackdaws flighting over this field (just grass).The first hour was slow a magpie came in for a look but i spooked him as i swung the gun round, then a few crows appeared on the surrounding trees more having a look or a laugh than anything, so after a few calls on my crow call which i have to say sounded more like an elephant than a crow, a couple came swooping in i stood up and managed to drop one of them although it took all three shots, missed another couple shortly after and the last half hour i managed to drop another four one of which i lost in the hedge behind me, i added the birds id shot to the pattern and even with just a couple they seemed to come in easier could have had around ten birds but could only mange five of them one of which i lost in the hedge, i was sorry i had to leave but a great couple of hours and cant wait to get back at them.

post-53255-0-08833300-1345453442_thumb.jpg

post-53255-0-26946400-1345453445_thumb.jpg

post-53255-0-26326200-1345453448_thumb.jpg

Good effort man. You could try a U-Caller to bring them in. Keep your face down until the last second before you're ready to take your shot. Crows will spot you if you don't keep down.

Could if it was legal

Well done by the way mate, bet you wish you'd not snoozed the alarm now.

Edited by bicykillgaz