12 bore fox

Liam-1990

Hey mate nice one. My first fox was with a shottie awesome. Have used a shotgun to good effect since then, I too prefer no.1's.

Learnt my lesson with foxes a while back to quickly follow with a second shot regardless after having an apparently dead fox get up and make for the hedge I had already un loaded but my buddy was there to click together quickly and finish the job.

Cracking stuff mate one you will rember for a long time.

Karpman

Thanks for the comments everyone, was thinking of using AAA cartridges next time but I know there is issues on the pattern of these but they should pack more of a punch.

Its not the cartridges at 30yrds if hit right the fox would be dead with 32g 6's (not condoning this just saying) AAA do not pattern well i use 3" 3's for fox drives on my shoot but usually use 0's or 1's for going for a walk. Just be careful who is watching you when dispatching quarry especially with sticks, you can still be done for cruelty to animals.

Thanks for the comments everyone, was thinking of using AAA cartridges next time but I know there is issues on the pattern of these but they should pack more of a punch.

With AAA you might kill the fox, and the fox behind it, but they don't have a dense pattern so you're more likely to just get a couple of hits which pass right through.

Will stick with the BBs then for now I have changed chokes since to try and hold the pattern abit tighter, I doubt anyone was watching since it was pitch black and the only close neighbours are the 2 co-owners of the land which are both ok with us killing the fox,

cant be any worse than catching them in a trap at least it wasnt in disdress for hours.