AT WHAT PRESSURE.............

SNAKEBITE

By venting I am assuming that you mean the burst disk going...

I reckon it would go at about 30% above the pressure the cylinder's rated to hold, but I am not sure if the 410k has such a device. I've only ever seen them on CO2 powered paintball markers.

Basically, if your rifle is rated to 200bar, don't overfill it. They are rated to that for a reason and I would not like to be near one if it went off. A burst disk going on a CO2 marker when I was holding it (Full cylinder, caught the sun and over heated) gave me a cracking freeze burn on the wrist! Air won't do the same thing, but it would still be a nightmare.

Wookie

I'd Just like to add that on my Brocock Enigma Deluxe, If I try to fill the pressure more than 200bar it just spits the air right back out lol (safely down the barrel, and before u ask, the filling instructions are to unload the weapon and disengage the bolt BEFORE attempting to fill it)....Its just not possible to overfill mine. I don't know what safety they put on other guns, but I imagine it would be similar...

ok it seems that some are getting a little confused about what the question is.

the way i see it, it goes something like this:

I have filled my rifle to 190bar and i want to have a sesion on a chorno to see exactly what power every shot is producing. What i dont want to happen is for the last shot i fire to vent all the remaining air down the barrel, as i am using a pump and know there are problems filling a totaly empty. So what i would like to know is "how low can the presure go before there isnt enough presure to close the vaulve after the shot?"

of course i could be wrong and he wants to find out how much presure it would take to blow the presure disk on the rifle LOL but i dont think he does.

ROB ;)

There is no piont in leeting the pressure drop much below 100 bar anyway, as the drop in bullet path would be unusable.

My 410 classic drops off at around this pressure. When mine gets chronoed it's filled to 180 bar. The sweet spot is at around 165 bar for approx 20-30 shots.

I only have a pump and tend to keep it topped up when it gets to about 150 bar.

Regards,

Ian.

I have filled my rifle to 190bar and i want to have a sesion on a chorno to see exactly what power every shot is producing. What i dont want to happen is for the last shot i fire to vent all the remaining air down the barrel, as i am using a pump and know there are problems filling a totaly empty. So what i would like to know is "how low can the presure go before there isnt enough presure to close the vaulve after the shot?"

As usual Rob you have exactly right!

I'm not too keen on the idea of pumping it up and seeing what pressure it blows up at. Funny that ;)

I'll go for 60bar just to keep well on the side of caution. It's just a rough guide I want really.

Thanks.