New iPhone 5 is here

Cosd

And they call that progress? :no:

For 34 years since I left home I've never had a problem setting the heating to how and when I want it to come on or go off.

I've certainly never starved :ermm: and I've never been burgled.

Seems to me they're looking for solutions to problems that don't exist. Fine, if you like gadgets and 'cutting edge technology' but I'll stick to thinking for myself.

Just as an aside, I had to send some documents to DVLA a few weeks ago, I couldn't send copies, they had to be the originals, so they had to be posted.

Yes, I had to use a stamp...not an iStamp but one of these.

stamp.jpg

Bet your phone couldn't do that. :D

Do you know... I had to send a letter out to 16 clients last week....... that cost me £14 in stamps!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOPEFULLY... snail mail will die completely, and soon!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's an interesting one for you. The video is long, but worth the watch.

Nice to see that of the desired $250k they've got nearly $900k pledged.

http://www.kickstart...marter?ref=live

Good grief.

How much have you pledged Billy?

Do you know... I had to send a letter out to 16 clients last week....... that cost me £14 in stamps!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOPEFULLY... snail mail will die completely, and soon!

I thought you had a 'phone that did that sort of thing? :ermm:

I sense anger… or confusion. Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference.

Not everyone needs a smartphone.

Arguably, nobody needs one they just want one.

But the same could be said about trousers if you extend that line of thinking.

For a few ££ I can get a device that means I can set my heating on or off by my phone.

It’s not necessary for everyone.

But if I have a hectic life and don’t know what time I’ll be home it might be nice to phone ahead so the house it warm by the time I arrive, or if I find business means I won’t be home that night I can make a quick call and turn the timer off so I don’t waste energy heating my house.

My parents don’t need these, they are at home at 5 pm every night come rain or shine.

My phone lets me browse my video files on the computer then send the file I choose to the TV.

I could instead browse on the PC, copy to USB, then plug the USB into the TV.

Or I could use a DVD.

Or perhaps a VHS.

Maybe just watch Satellite TV.

Or just Digital freeview.

Or maybe analogue in some areas,

Or just listen to the radio.

Or read a book.

…. Or read a book . .. on my phone.

Sure, it’s called a phone.

But it’s not a phone.

It’s a handheld computer.

In fact, with the cloud storage it’s effectively just another way to interface with the online world.

My PC, laptop, tablet and phone all have the same data and functionality just with different screes and keyboards.

I use whatever is convenient at the time.

If you don’t want one that’s fine.

But to criticise people who do want them or do find them useful devices in modern life is at worst luddite behaviour, and at best it just shows a lack of understanding and acceptance of others

I also find it ironically amusing that people are using the internet to criticise people who use technology. :)

you can keep your posh phones ill stick with my 30 quid tesco bargain bucket phone 3 years old dropped it off top off a 100 ft silo on to concrete back came off and battery fell out and still lives 10 quid on giff gaff unlimited internet ,texts, and 250 mins to any 1 that will do swissy posh"s phones are for gays or girls with nowt better to do

you can keep your posh phones ill stick with my 30 quid tesco bargain bucket phone 3 years old dropped it off top off a 100 ft silo on to concrete back came off and battery fell out and still lives 10 quid on giff gaff unlimited internet ,texts, and 250 mins to any 1 that will do swissy posh"s phones are for gays or girls with nowt better to do

Go on Swiss ooohhh I love my gadgets NOT, ha ha

Atb flynny

QqXDQ.jpg

Shame it's still made out of miserable cheap plastic.

Why do Apple haters seem to have a stockpile of meaningless jpegs on hand to drop into a thread?

I'm still waiting for the Hadron science team photo, where it states all the machines are running Windows, but it's quite clear they're all running Linux.

if it wasn't plastic and I could try one for a few weeks, I would be seriously tempted! If they bring a Galaxy IV out using LiquidMetal instead of placky...... I might defect!

I thought the pixel density was better on the iPhone?

Edited by Vipa