views on a remington 11-87

shotgun gav

I had one years ago, compared to a Beretta they are not very realiable, mine broke piston rings on a regular basis, I used to shoot an 1100 before that, bits were wearing out on a regular basis also.

No doubt someone will never had any problems at all :hmm:

Honestly quality control for Remingtons is very poor, nice guns to shoot though.

I shot an 11-87 for about 8 years and shot it a lot , never had a problem breaking rings--never even heard of that problem in a Remington and have had them since about 14 years old. Remingtons have a bit more complicated system than the newer autos and need very little lubrication if you want to keep it shooting. Run the gas tube clean and DRY no lube on it at all. Just a drop of synthetic oil on the action bars to prevent receiver wear and you can shoot a case of shells between cleans. Overall good guns on par with the 1100 it replaced.

1100 first built about 46 years ago and still in production in four sizes 12gauge, 20 gauge, 28 gauge and 410, slight mods made to model in 1987 hense the name and both versions till in production side by side

Spares pletiful and very cheap and as said just run them with no oil on the gas slide parts including the outside of the magazine tube

Few if any other gund have such a production run so must be good and as a matter of interest also the first semi to be totally drawn on Compuetr aided design