hide formation,

Guest cookoff013

Guest cookoff013

i`m new to the whole portable hide,(ive been in haybales)

how do you have your hide poles set up?

teepee style, box style or other?

i`ve got to get a bigger cammo net but just wondering what is the most common of hides?

do i really need 5 or so poles? i`ve seen a design in a book a.bartley ?(sp?) looked quite good, buy miles of cammo netting were used.

my friend has gone for the pop up hide approach, i`m going for the adaptable classic approach (and its ****loads cheaper).

oh and hello !

Firstly :yes:

I just use 4 poles and good netting (stealth)

But you may get a response from someone who actually shoots some pigeons, if so listen to then :lol:

I have also read the batley book and that 5 pole setup looks the dogs, and he should know, but as you say it needs lots of netting which would cost a bit, unless you use the army stuff.

Try this Lad for hide Poles he makes them very good and cheeper then anyone else I got some 3 years ago and still going strong jakengineering@aol.com

As for how many poles I use 5 (if I can) it gives you much more room for your gun but you will decide how you like it

good luck Pal

Guest cookoff013

cheers,

i`m going to get 3 to start off with. i`ve got a couple of nets, but they are small (size is everything :good: )

i could try some out in my garden (neighbours will ring for the men in white coats)!!

cheers

Depending on where the light is coming from (time of year and time of day) relative to where you are, you would be suprised how little cover you need sometimes. I personally don't see the need of a roof on the hide if you can get into the right place, the times I have done it I found it more of a pain than useful.

If you back onto a hedgerow you can even get away with 2 poles and use bungee's to taper it back into the hedge.